PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ4.0 performance

Exa^EQ
03-09-2002, 03:58 PM
I dont know if its just me or if its general but ShowEQ4.0 dont like when my bard do AoE groups in Seb. It locks up for allmost 1min after all the you gaind exp spam have ended. Any way to get around this?

/Exa

De_Mon
03-12-2002, 02:05 PM
bump. AE + showeq = lots of cpu load and lagged update

NPC spells off PC spells off Every filter imaginable OFF and serverfilter ON, kill 30-55 mobs in 60seconds and watch showeq do nothing.

Somehow the first few times i AE'd i could watch the expwindow and see the deaths count up ever so steadaly(no idea what version), now i gotta wait 1-2minuites after the killing for Seq to wakeup.

Exa^EQ
03-13-2002, 06:21 PM
Oh, i had all filters on but no serverfilter. I assume ShowEQ still log the data from those packets even if EverQuest is not set to show them since its filterd at the client and not server without serverfilter.

/Exa

Zaphod
03-13-2002, 06:59 PM
What was your Fast Machine setting. If it's off it does a map repaint for every packet that changes something on the map. You typically have it off and then set a very low frame rate (like 1fps). If you are getting a truely massive number of updates and you have Fast Machine off and a Frame Rate of 7 or more it would explain what you are seeing.

One suggestion to give us something more to go on is to use the "Dump Map Info" from the "Debug" menu; this will create a file called "mapinfo.txt" typically under "/usr/local/share/showeq". Either attach that file to a post or copy its contents into a post. That may help diagnose the issue you are seeing further.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Exa^EQ
03-14-2002, 06:06 PM
I will try and remember to do that, but i have not had time to play EQ the last week and wont have time for about 7-8 weeks ahead im affraid. I just wanted to try ShowEQ to see if it was allot better then Sin and i think it is. The for the ideas, i will be sure to try them and report what i get when i can start playing again. Or you can just make the same thing. AoE 30+ frogs in sebilis..=)

/Exa