PDA

View Full Version : @Razzle: Filter for Ground spawns/Items in spawn list ?

Fireblade
02-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Hey Razzle, was wondering how hard it would be to make ground spawns/items showing up in NPC list like normal mobs.

I'd love to be able to define a "hunt" filter for a certain type of ground spawns to highlight them on the map. Would make life easier when collecting ground spawns for tradeskills etc.

Would that be much work? Or have you already tried doing that?

Would be great for a new release, no? ;)

Razzle
02-10-2011, 09:33 PM
I have thought about it before. I am not sure how hard it would be, as the ground spawns are loaded up a bit differently. But I am sure it is doable. I will look into it, and see if it is an easy change.

Razzle

Razzle
10-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I looked at it. Not so easy to do. Still doable, started on it yesterday, and should have something soon.

Razzle

Razzle
10-14-2011, 08:52 PM
I know it has been months since this thread was started.

I tried originally to just add them to the spawn list. But the spawn id was not available to use for the ground items. That killed plan 1.

So I thought make them go anyways, make it 0. So I put them in there, and it looked crappy. Trying to pick a ground spawn out of the list of mobs was a pita. That killed plan 2. That was 6 months ago.

So I didn't get back to it til the other day. Then I figured why not add a new list. That would make it easy? Ya, if I knew that part of the code.

A couple hours later, a new list lives, that shows only ground items. That is where I am not.

I still have to add clicking the list, or the items, to connect them together. Then the alert code and popups on the menu. I got maybe 3-4 more hours of work and it should be done. I am shooting for having it done within the week.

Why did it take so long? Meh. I haven't hardly used myseq for years. So I have spent even less time looking at the code. I am playing some on live, so now I am seeing all these things that annoy me.

I was trying to find a kiln in pok. Freaking pain in the ass to mouse over stupid little X on the ground. Ok, I thought this sucks. Time to fix it.

And here we are.

Razzle

Razzle
10-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Just a little over 3 hours to finish. My estimate was not off by a factor of 3 like it normally is.

The Ground Items will have their own list. You can select items from the list, or from the ground. You can add filters/alerts based on the description of the ground item too.

Razzle

Fireblade
10-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Cheers mate!
Sounds awesome!

Fireblade

Razzle
10-16-2011, 05:58 PM
What I am working on, is so you can right click mobs in the map so can add them to alerts. I am almost finished where you can add text to maps by clicking the map too. When that is done I will push out another version.

Razzle

Razzle
10-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I got the right clicking mobs, to add to alerts working. Working on the adding of map text. I did not realize the soe maps, have a field for small, medium and large text. So gotta see if that is supported in the code too. Been figuring out the order maps get loaded in the client, and if you add text, which file it goes in depending on what map is loaded. I want it to work similar to how the client handles adding text to maps too.

Gonna add it so if you double click a mob, it will show the spawn point info. Also going to add it so you can click spawn points in the map to add text too, in addition to mobs. I want it to search the spawn point spawn info, to auto fill out the text box with the possible named mobs. So working on a few things, to basically make it work like i would use it to mark up maps better.

Some maps have extra text too, that I often want to get rid of. So might make ability to delete text from maps too. But that means probably totally writing out a new map file and keeping track of which files stuff was loaded from. So not sure if that is going to happen. I have ideas though.

Razzle

Razzle
11-07-2011, 09:13 PM
So I started to add just a few simple things. Then I thought I would update the menu's to using the ToolStripMenuItem class, then the bottom menu to using a tool bar that can be docked in different places. Then the ability to hide the menu altogether, but the status bar needs to go to the strip style class too, then on and on, blah. I really should just stick to a few changes at a time. But it is looking like a more modern app now (well, modern about 7 years ago). Maybe I will wrap some stuff up and push it out soon.

Razzle

Fireblade
11-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Keep up the good work! :)

And btw ... more frequent updates > one big update you have to wait months for!

:p

Oh and btw, with VoA release a server update might be in order ...

Hidron
11-08-2011, 05:40 PM
And you should get Fireblades updated version of the offset finder so it can be posted on sourcforge. :)

Razzle
11-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Keep up the good work! :)

And btw ... more frequent updates > one big update you have to wait months for!

:p

Oh and btw, with VoA release a server update might be in order ...

I think that is a goal. I will shoot to have a release ready to go with out with VoA, soon as we have some offsets to stick in with it.

I am set up so I can put together a release, with an installer pretty quick now. Just update a few things, and it is ready pretty much. It used to take me 2 hours to put together a package, because I was doing so many things manually. Not to mention using a cygwin interface for accessing cvs. After I get a build I like, I can push out a release package in out 15 minutes now.

So if you guys dont mind a bunch of releases, like every week or two, with one or two changes/improvements or fixes. I am all for it, now that I can do it quick.

Razzle

Wyntyr
11-10-2011, 05:04 AM
And you should get Fireblades updated version of the offset finder so it can be posted on sourcforge. :)

+1 I play on Test which is usually updated 1-2 weeks before the Live servers. It's a minor annoyance to wait for the Live offsets to be posted.

Fireblade
11-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Well the source code is still available. Not sure if it would make much sense to just provide my updated code since its gonna break again, at least definetly with VoA release.
So if you dont know what to do to update/fix it again it won't help you much.

What I can do though is provide an updated build that works currently. Might make more sense.

Let me know.

Razzle
11-14-2011, 09:09 PM
What would really make sense to me, is to put the code in SVN. Give you access to SVN. Then let you maintain the code as long as you are willing. I have glanced at it, to see basically how it works. But I haven't played with it long enough to maintain it with any efficiency. I code slow anyways.

Razzle

Fireblade
11-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Sounds like an option.

Razzle
11-16-2011, 07:46 PM
I didnt quite finish up for release of voa. But i will have something put in a few hours.

Razzle