PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question: Beastlord Pets?

fryfrog
03-11-2002, 09:57 PM
i was playing with a lvl 50+ beastlord the other day (first time, i don't get out much) and was learning some of the fun things about them when low and behold... i con'd it. it was blue to me. i thought wow, he has a nice blue pet. then i glanced over at showeq (which selects what i /con) and it was lvl 4. i puzzled over this for a few moments and couldn't figure it out.

anyone have any explainantion? are the beastlord "pets" more like the "perma buff" that is the wizard familiar? if so, wonder how they handle the melee dmg it does and such. and the fact you can buff the pets... hummm, makes me wonder :)

Tyrvidarus
03-11-2002, 10:58 PM
Beastlords have a line of spells that buff the level of their pets. What may con as a level 40-45 pet may really be a level 4 mob with these level buffs that I guess SEQ doesn't see.

fryfrog
03-11-2002, 11:37 PM
so when he first summons his pet, if he doesn't cast any of his pet buffs on it... it is a wussie ass pet?

RSB
03-11-2002, 11:41 PM
As I understand it there pet is level 4. It like the wizard farmilar sticks around for 10 hours before poofing. The Beastmaster just buffs the pet up. Those buffs are stripped when it zones, making it tiny agian. Now I don't know if the level info would be different if you zoned in after the pet was buffed or not.

Does SEQ update a player level if they level?

RSB

crazdefool
03-12-2002, 06:35 AM
if you zone in and his pet is already buffed it will show its proper level... if not it will show the lvl 4...

Ataal
03-21-2002, 12:07 PM
This only happens with your own pet. If you select someone else's BL pet, it shows the appropriate level. Although this isn't how it always was, when SoL first came out, I could see the lvl of my pet all the time, some patch broke it.

"if you zone in and his pet is already buffed it will show its proper level"

As one of the previous posters said, when you zone, all buffs are stripped, your example never happens.

Also, when I summon a pet at lvl 41, my pet is NOT lvl 4, he's 22 or something close to that. I'm not sure where this lvl 4 thing is coming from....

high_jeeves
03-21-2002, 12:39 PM
As one of the previous posters said, when you zone, all buffs are stripped, your example never happens.

I think he means when you zone in and look at sombody elses pet.. then it shows up as the right level (the pet is in zone and buffed before you zone in).

--Jeeves

Ataal
03-22-2002, 02:23 AM
any BL pet I con other than mine regardless of when I zoned in gives the appropriate lvl, it ONLY happens with your own pet.

fryfrog
03-22-2002, 03:16 AM
i don't play a beast lord.

what i noticed was when i con'd it in everquest, it was blue to me. when i glanced over at showeq, it was green in seq and level 4. thats all i'm sayin :)

i haven't seen a beastlord in a while (on showeq or in person) so i can't confirm or deny any of the previously stated... things :)

i CAN say that the pet i saw was summoned and buffed AFTER i had zoned in. ie, we were fighting down to where we were going in seb, THEN he pulled out and buffed the pet :)

Ataal
03-22-2002, 10:56 AM
Well it wasn't always like that, I used to be able to con my pet all the time and have it show the correct level, I don't remember which patch it was that broke it, but it's been like that for at least a week or two.

My BL is 42 now and I spend alot of time on the moon where there are a lot of other BL's. I also group up with a friend from work alot and I've con'd his pet both before and after he buffs his pet, whether I had just zoned or not. Alot of times I sort the mobs by lvl in some zones to optimize my pulling potential, and I target my pet alot to buff him and so forth, if there were other pets in the zone at lvl 4, I would have seen more than just one lvl 4 in the zone on many occasions by now. So, obviously mine is not working the same as others have claimed it works, could this be a client side issue(like maybe I don't have the latest cvs updater or so forth) since it's not consistant with everyone? ie....different results from the same data does not sound server side to me.