PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: MySEQ Open 2.2.0 Released.

Razzle
03-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Announcing the release of MySEQ Open 2.2.0. The installer is available for download in the files section (http://sourceforge.net/projects/seq/files/MySEQ (Windows SEQ)/MySEQ Open 2.2.0/MySEQ Open 2.2.0.msi/download) of sourceforge. This is the initial WIN32 API server version.

Release version 2.2.0
</SPAN></SPAN>
Dated 05 March 2012</SPAN></SPAN>

Client Changes

The target window will be smaller and more compact by default. If you want the larger detailed version, click the small target window option off under the map pulldown menu settings. </SPAN></SPAN>
Flashing skittles will have a more constant flash rate with changes in the update delay settings in the options
</SPAN></SPAN>

Server Changes

Changed the server from a console application, to a WIN32 API based application. </SPAN></SPAN>
Added a dialog window to display basic server information. </SPAN></SPAN>
The executable is now server.exe, instead of myseqserver.exe. </SPAN></SPAN>
The Server will now minimize to the System Tray instead of the Taskbar. </SPAN></SPAN>
The window title caption of the dialog will be the name of the executable. </SPAN></SPAN>
There are buttons on the dialog window to allow editing and reloading offsets. The edit function starts notepad and opens the current ini. </SPAN></SPAN>
Running in debug, will bring up a console to interact with</SPAN></SPAN>
Code for minimizing to system tray gracefully borrowed from bobobobo's weblog http://bobobobo.wordpress.com which takes code from http://www.gidforums.com/t-5815.html </SPAN></SPAN>
Code for changing dialog extended style, so button for dialog shows in taskbar taken from #Winprog FAQ http://winprog.org/faq </SPAN></SPAN>
I think everything is functional. The old server code will still run fine with this client version. I might have gotten some coding tips from other places. I tried to give credit where I used large chunks of stuff.</SPAN></SPAN>

Razzle

ozradar
03-06-2012, 05:35 AM
I have the new version installed now. I made the usual mistake of uninstalling the old one and losing all my maps in the process (easily fixed though).
I can't really try anything because of the SOE account maintenance in progress.

edit: I do have the server running on my main PC and the client is connected (it even plays a sound when it connects!)

Do you think it would be possible to have the server info window display the local machines IP address?

Razzle
03-06-2012, 08:55 AM
I did not realize that uninstalling was removing maps. I will see about fixing that too.

I have looked through some code snippets on ways to get ip addresses. I want to get the real one you need. But filtering out the ones you dont need is also necessary. I will try a few things. I might get it right in most cases, but there may be some it does not. But i will give it a go. I might just have a button so it pops up a dialog box with the list and you find the one you need. It really depends how you are set up and all your loopback and virtual interfaces, etc. As a min, i will put a way to list them all. Maybe have a way to list them all and have what i detect as the primary be listed on the main window.

I will see if i can get something out quick as i can. I really wanted to get the new version out, before i got stuck in an endless loop of adding stuff.

Razzle

Razzle
03-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I figured out the installer settings so it will not remove maps on uninstall. So future versions wont do that. I just assumed some default behaviors of the installer. But i figured out what was missing.

Razzle

Razzle
03-07-2012, 07:20 PM
I think i have a way pinned down to identify your ip address on your local network. I am trying to avoid using .Net when i do it. By polling all the network adapters, i should be able to see which have a valid dns address assigned. Not sure if will work in all cases, but its promising in the 3 test computers i am working with. Having virtual devices and multiple loopback devices is what i am trying to filter out of the mix.

I will test more tonight. If it works i should get a new version ready later tomorrow.

Razzle

Wyntyr
03-08-2012, 05:20 AM
love the new release, thanks for all your hard work on this.

ozradar
03-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Yep, it's all working really nicely. Thanks for all your efforts on the new version. +Like
One thing I have noticed is the spawn list doesn't flicker as much any more, it's much easier to read.

Razzle
03-08-2012, 03:54 PM
There is still a little flicker in the spawn list. Trying to track that down and not lose the con colors.

Still not quite there on the ip address displaying right in all cases. Shooting for fri or sat now on next release.

Razzle

Razzle
03-12-2012, 06:34 PM
I think i can fix the rest of the list flickering by double buffering the listviews. It will probably require enabling the extended styles since it is normally protected. No flicker would be cool. I will give it a go.

I have the code set up to show your ip address and have a button to list them all. I used some logic to pick the best one based on reserved ip address values and what we are looking for. Works for all my computers :D. Should have release ready soon as i try to fix the flickering once and for all.

Razzle

Razzle
03-13-2012, 03:04 PM
I fixed the flicked in the lists. The listview window can be set to double buffered through reflection. That did the job. Added a few other things too, nothing major, just making some functionality more useful is all. So i have a new release ready now. Just gotta get it put up. Hopefully later tonight.

Razzle