PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ 5.13.10.5 for Live 7/18/12

fransick
07-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Announcing the release of ShowEQ version 5.13.10.5. This version is compatible with the July 18th patch.

ChangeLog:

Fransick (07/18/12)
-----------------
- Updated version to 5.13.10.5
- Updated opcodes/structs (fluxcapacitor, fransick)
- Added new opcodes and annoted zoneopcodes.xml to include packet sizes for packets not handled by everquest.h to make updating easier
- Commented out Doxygen support and removed Doxygen files to get "Makefile.dist build" working more reliably for newer distros

This new release is available in the files section (http://sourceforge.net/projects/seq/files/ShowEQ/Showeq-5.13.10.5/showeq-5.13.10.5.tar.bz2/download) of SourceForge

Installation:

$ tar xjvf showeq-5.13.10.5.tar.bz2
$ cd showeq-5.13.10.5
$ make -f Makefile.dist build
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

hug
07-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Having a bit of trouble compiling. I am getting

[root@new-host-3 showeq-5.13.10.5]# make -f Makefile.dist build
Removing old files.......................................... done!
Adding libtool support...................................... done!
Generating aclocal.m4 from configure.in.....................make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

after that ./configure comes up with a missing file error. I am running an old release of red hat 7 and was always able to install with no problem before the doxygen files were removed.

Any suggestions?

fransick
07-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Having a bit of trouble compiling. I am getting

[root@new-host-3 showeq-5.13.10.5]# make -f Makefile.dist build
Removing old files.......................................... done!
Generating aclocal.m4 from configure.in.....................make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

after that ./configure comes up with a missing file error. I am running an old release of red hat 7 and was always able to install with no problem before the doxygen files were removed.

Any suggestions?

Did you unzip the new files over your old showeq directory? I found I got these errors when there were residual compile files left in my showeq directory. Deleting them all and starting clean is what resolved this error for me. If you look in the makefile.in file you will see a listing of files that are created while compiling that can be removed to "start fresh."

From makefile.in:

MAINTAINERCLEANFILES = aclocal.m4 config.guess config.sub configure Makefile.in ltconfig libqt2.dbg libqt3.dbg Makefile.dist.dbg configure.dbg config.log ltmain.sh stamp-h.in stamp-h qt.tag depcomp

You should also delete the autom4te.cache as well. I had to put config.guess back in to get mine to compile for some reason on a Fedora14 install. So it might be best to move the files mentioned in MAINTAINERCLEANFILES versus deleting them. As I found, you might need them back!

There is a makefile.in in the top level directory, conf & src directories. Each will designate files that can be deleted to do a truly clean compile. Deleting those files and commenting out the doxygen support in configure.in did the trick for me. Before doing that I would bomb out at the same point you did.

Hopefully that will get you back on track. If not, we can easily edit configure.in to include doxygen again and go back to what worked earlier for you. Hoping it's just residual compile files getting int he way.

purple
07-29-2012, 08:52 PM
You don't need to do Makefile.dist with a tarball. That's the entire point. Just start with configure.

fransick
07-30-2012, 05:36 AM
You don't need to do Makefile.dist with a tarball. That's the entire point. Just start with configure.

Good point... being new, I only inlcuded the minimum files assuming everyone would run Makefile.dist. Uploading a new tarball with everything needed to make it work without Makefile.dist now. Thanks Purple! Now to figure out how to get svn updated... Clearly, I am learning as I go. Glad you more experienced guys still pop in from time to time to help out.

hug
07-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Did you unzip the new files over your old showeq directory? I found I got these errors when there were residual compile files left in my showeq directory. Deleting them all and starting clean is what resolved this error for me. If you look in the makefile.in file you will see a listing of files that are created while compiling that can be removed to "start fresh."

From makefile.in:

MAINTAINERCLEANFILES = aclocal.m4 config.guess config.sub configure Makefile.in ltconfig libqt2.dbg libqt3.dbg Makefile.dist.dbg configure.dbg config.log ltmain.sh stamp-h.in stamp-h qt.tag depcomp

You should also delete the autom4te.cache as well. I had to put config.guess back in to get mine to compile for some reason on a Fedora14 install. So it might be best to move the files mentioned in MAINTAINERCLEANFILES versus deleting them. As I found, you might need them back!

There is a makefile.in in the top level directory, conf & src directories. Each will designate files that can be deleted to do a truly clean compile. Deleting those files and commenting out the doxygen support in configure.in did the trick for me. Before doing that I would bomb out at the same point you did.

Hopefully that will get you back on track. If not, we can easily edit configure.in to include doxygen again and go back to what worked earlier for you. Hoping it's just residual compile files getting int he way.

Thanks for the suggestions! I am already dumping the tarball into a fresh directory but will try the other things you suggested, although probably not until the weekend when the wife is around to keep track of the rug runners... All the patches on .4 are stiill working well for me, just trying to get current on the new tarball.

Thanks again

fransick
07-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I am already dumping the tarball into a fresh directory but will try the other things you suggested, although probably not until the weekend when the wife is around to keep track of the rug runners... All the patches on .4 are stiill working well for me, just trying to get current on the new tarball.

Thanks again

FYI... I uploaded a new tarball that includes everything that should compile with minimal fuss i.e. no "make Makefile.dist build" step required. Keep us posted on your progress.

hug
08-01-2012, 09:02 AM
FYI... I uploaded a new tarball that includes everything that should compile with minimal fuss i.e. no "make Makefile.dist build" step required. Keep us posted on your progress.

The new tarball worked like a charm, thanks for that!

One thing I tried before I saw that you had posted the new tarball was to make new folders for .4 and .5 and installed fresh copies of both .4 and .5, then just copied over the changed files src/everquest.h, src/main.cpp, src/spawnshell.cpp, conf/worldopcodes.xml, and conf/zoneopcodes.xml from .5 to .4. That compiled and worked well for anyone out there that may still be having some trouble. I doubt it would be needed since the new tarball works very well.

Thanks again for your help.