PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: MySEQ Open 2.2.6 Released

Razzle
09-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Announcing the release of MySEQ Open 2.2.6. The installer can be downloaded from the files section (http://sourceforge.net/projects/seq/files/MySEQ%20%28Windows%20SEQ%29/MySEQ%20Open%202.2.6/MySEQ%20Open%202.2.6.msi/download)on sourceforge.
Release version 2.2.6Dated 27 September 2012

Client Changes:

Improved handling of manually entering values for zoom and Z depth filtering in tool strip. Moving the mouse off the text box, will no longer steal focus. So it will work like we have traditionally come to expect entering values into text boxes in windows applications.
Improved handling of Lookup text box in tool bar. Deleting the text, will work in place of hitting the reset button.
Reverted pets/familiars con color changes, except on map. On map, they show the con color as gray. Elsewhere, they reflect the real con color. I am not sure which way I like this. Any input is desired on this change.
LDON Objects will now show as con color gray on the map and lists.
Additional CPU optimizations (minor).

Server Changes:

Added the ability for the offset finder to write offsets that have changed to the ini file.
Updated offsets to EQLive dated 9/27/2012

Razzle

Razzle
09-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Ha. Patch was 2 days ago. Here I was thinking it was today. Shows how much I get online. Oh well. Offset finder keeps people up and running now. Thats what is important.

Razzle

Wyntyr
10-03-2012, 12:46 PM
doesn't seem to be working with the patch today on Test.

Trumpcard
10-03-2012, 02:17 PM
doesn't seem to be working with the patch today on Test.

Yea, looks like the 10/3 patch broke offset finder as well. Trying to manually find the offsets now

Razzle
10-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Bummer. Won't get time to fix it tonight. Might get time to look at it tomorrow.

Razzle

Razzle
10-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Does the finder identify any of the offsets?

Trumpcard
10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Does the finder identify any of the offsets?

It finds 3 of them

[Memory Offsets]
ZoneAddr=0xd5b054
SpawnHeaderAddr=0x0
CharInfo=0x0
ItemsAddr=0xd4a568
TargetAddr=0x87e85200
WorldAddr=0x0

Trumpcard
10-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Is there any way to enable logging in offset finder?

Razzle
10-03-2012, 03:54 PM
I bet you need to increase the start for the pattern search in the config.ini. The patterns might work, it just does not search high enough. That target addr looks kind of flakey tho.

Trumpcard
10-03-2012, 04:13 PM
What range does it search from? I figured that the lower the start was set for, the further it would search for the pattern (ie starting searching earlier). What determines its end range, is that a static value?

Razzle
10-03-2012, 04:47 PM
What range does it search from? I figured that the lower the start was set for, the further it would search for the pattern (ie starting searching earlier). What determines its end range, is that a static value?
0x100000 i think from start. Guessing. No code here.

Trumpcard
10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
0x100000 i think from start. Guessing. No code here.

Doesnt find anything when I start from there

Razzle
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Is there any way to enable logging in offset finder?
Nothing really to log. The offset finder searches for patterns in eqgame.exe. It does not look at running process at all. Just need updated exe. So it only searches the file. I had the current patterns working for about two years of exe files.

Is it currently only broke on test?

Trumpcard
10-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Nothing really to log. The offset finder searches for patterns in eqgame.exe. It does not look at running process at all. Just need updated exe. So it only searches the file. I had the current patterns working for about two years of exe files.

Is it currently only broke on test?

I think its working on live. I dont play there, but none of my friends that use it have mentioned anything to me.

I think this is the big initial push for the changes for RoF.. Very possible some of the packet structures might have changed. I'm still debugging to see if I can find anything, I cant even find the zone anywhere, so either something has changed massive, or the memory locations have altered pretty drastically

Still looking into it, going to deep dive in debug mode today and see what I can found out

Hidron
10-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Just a sign of things to come I guess. Still works fine on Live. I can't even figure out how to get on the Test server now. No matter what I try to start it only offers me the Live servers.

Edit: NM, after browsing through the SoE forums I found the link in the upper left corner of the Launchpad to switch.

Hidron
10-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Ok. I seem to have it running on Test atm with these offsets

[Memory Offsets]
ZoneAddr=0xc1b054
SpawnHeaderAddr=0xc0dad8
CharInfo=0xc0dad8
ItemsAddr=0xc0a568
TargetAddr=0xc0daf0
WorldAddr=0xc6fef4

Wyntyr
10-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Doesn't seem to be working for me, I'm getting a failed to load map C:\....Illegal characters in path.

hmm, moved the install to a new directory C:\myseq and it still isn't working, no maps, no errors, just nothing at all.

Hidron
10-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Appears they have changed again already anyway. Big reason why I never bothered playing much on Test.

Edit: Just got Test working again with these:

[Memory Offsets]
ZoneAddr=0xa1b054
SpawnHeaderAddr=0xa0dad8
CharInfo=0xa0dad8
ItemsAddr=0xa0a568
TargetAddr=0xa0daf0
WorldAddr=0xc6fef4

Razzle
10-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I got patched to test. I will whip out my hex editor and start looking at patterns in the exe. Hopefully i can come up with some that work on live and test both.

Razzle

Wyntyr
10-04-2012, 07:31 PM
still not working for me

Hidron
10-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Hmmm. Seems like every time I start on Test, the last offsets aren't working

Razzle
10-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Hmmm. Seems like every time I start on Test, the last offsets aren't working
Oh that does not sound good. Brings back memories of obfusication. That is usually a sign they are double pointers possibly.

Razzle
10-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Ok. Test is majorly annoying. On an epic scale.

Razzle
10-04-2012, 09:56 PM
That would be a great way to mess up mq2 is to have many different versions of the eqgame.exe. Each time you log in, different offsets would be needed.

Hidron
10-05-2012, 12:02 AM
This from the update notes is worth a chuckle.

- Made several changes to the way EverQuest is compiled. Please keep an eye out for any strange behavior.

I also see some posts about the patch breaking WinEQ2. How often does that happen?

Razzle
10-05-2012, 08:20 AM
This from the update notes is worth a chuckle.

I also see some posts about the patch breaking WinEQ2. How often does that happen?
breaking WinEQ2 is gonna upset a lot of people.
Soon as I figure out what exactly is going on, I will see how fixable it is. Making offset finding tools better might be something I can do while I am at it. The offset finder can be set up to search the process if I have to.

Trumpcard
10-05-2012, 08:42 AM
breaking WinEQ2 is gonna upset a lot of people.
Soon as I figure out what exactly is going on, I will see how fixable it is. Making offset finding tools better might be something I can do while I am at it. The offset finder can be set up to search the process if I have to.

The server has been a pogo stick for the past 2 days.. Been up and down at least 8 times. I think they're trying to get the RoF patches onto it at the moment. I wouldnt recommend even looking at it for a few days till it stablizes.

Razzle
10-05-2012, 08:47 AM
The server has been a pogo stick for the past 2 days.. Been up and down at least 8 times. I think they're trying to get the RoF patches onto it at the moment. I wouldnt recommend even looking at it for a few days till it stablizes.
From the exe I got last night, I did not see much weirdness going on. Just patterns and range of searching, needs changed in offset finder. I hope.

Razzle
10-05-2012, 09:46 AM
This is what I currently have for test:

[Memory Offsets]
ZoneAddr=0xd5b054
SpawnHeaderAddr=0xd4dad8
CharInfo=0xd4dad8
ItemsAddr=0xd4a568
TargetAddr=0xd4daf0
WorldAddr=0xd4daa8

Razzle

Hidron
10-05-2012, 01:13 PM

Going by patch notes, it sounds more like the server has been suffering from crashes & they still have not tracked down the cause.

Trumpcard
10-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Going by patch notes, it sounds more like the server has been suffering from crashes & they still have not tracked down the cause.

Yea, youre right, that changed their build process for client and server per JChan. I have a feeling their debugging what they did.

Not sure what they decided to change the build, probably at this point might be trying newer compilers advanced optimization compilation features.

Anyone have any idea if the server side is windows or unix/linux based? I've always wondered that myself

Razzle
10-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Anyone have any idea if the server side is windows or unix/linux based? I've always wondered that myself

Based on the way the server's perform sometimes, I think they have a cluster of 16 mhz, 286 computers. Probably about 4000 of per live server. They are set up as discrete PCs, filling up a warehouse the size of a football field. Each one runs Windows for workgroups 3.11.

Sony ROXORs.

Hehe.

No clue really.

Hidron
10-05-2012, 03:34 PM
You forgot about the hamsters running around in their wheels providing the power for the servers.

joethemaster
11-04-2012, 08:00 AM
I am on live and when I run this it works for the same computer. When I connect to a server on my other computer I get the "Status: Connected" in the server, but none of the data is displayed on the client. So currently it does work on live, for people running the client and server on the same computer, but not on different computers.

Hidron
11-04-2012, 10:57 AM
I always run the client & server on different computers, and it works. From your description, it sounds like you are running 1 client, but servers on 2 different computers? The most likely problem I can see would be that you need to update the offsets on the 2nd computer. Check the offsets. The server can find the current Memory offsets, but not the SpawnInfo offsets which also changed in last months patch, and those need to be changed manually. The current SpawnInfo offsets are listed here http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?6659-10-16-2012-Offsets
You could also install the newer version 2.2.7 which includes the currently working offsets

joethemaster
11-07-2012, 09:20 AM
It was an internal network issue I was having, thanks for replying.