PDA

View Full Version : RoF maps

rogues
12-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Has anybody had any luck converting maps for RoF eqresource? I've tried various scripts here (the ones that still have valid links) as well as the shell script mapconvert, but I'm not getting white lines. Any ideas?

Spanners
12-07-2012, 04:35 AM
Same, I did notice from being in basement in City of Bronze that the z axis seems to be considerably off though, wonder if thats related? (Had to change floor and ceiling values to get the right floorplan to show, when I turned on height filtering it was showing the wrong floor).

rogues
12-07-2012, 05:16 AM
I haven't checked that part out yet. For a couple of the zones I'm just using emacs to do a find and replace, changing all of the "0, 0, 0" lines to "128, 128, 128". Now to figure out the zone numbers for each of them to fix zones.h. I will try to do that today.

fransick
12-07-2012, 07:56 AM
I was able to update some of the new zones in zones.h...

{ NULL, NULL }, // 751
{ "shardslanding", "Shard's Landing" }, // 752
{ "xorbb", "Valley of King Xorbb" }, // 753
{ NULL, NULL }, // 754
{ NULL, NULL }, // 755
{ NULL, NULL }, // 756
{ "breedinggrounds", "The Breeding Grounds" }, // 757
{ "eviltree", "Evantil, the Vile Oak" }, // 758
{ "grelleth", "Grelleth's Palace, the Chateau of Filth" }, // 759
{ "chapterhouse", "Chapterhouse of the Fallen" }, // 760
{ NULL, NULL }, // 761
{ NULL, NULL }, // 762
{ NULL, NULL }, // 763
{ NULL, NULL }, // 764
{ NULL, NULL }, // 765
{ "phinteriortree", "Evantil's Abode" }, // 766
{ NULL, NULL }, // 767

Magelo only had 7 zones as of last weekend. When I checked today they were down for maintenance. I'll look again when they are back up and see if I can fill in the rest.

rogues
12-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks, I was just coming here to post Shard's Landing and Chapterhouse but it looks like you're way ahead of me once again. If I get a chance to visit the other zones before you do I'll post them.

fransick
12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks, I was just coming here to post Shard's Landing and Chapterhouse but it looks like you're way ahead of me once again. If I get a chance to visit the other zones before you do I'll post them.

Every little bit helps... I jumped on IRC for the first time and got a ton of help there. Hopefully will be able to post some updates this weekend to SVN. So appreciative of all the help

purple
12-07-2012, 01:32 PM
You need to extract the zones from the exe. Isn't there a script for that checked in?

fransick
12-07-2012, 09:10 PM
You need to extract the zones from the exe. Isn't there a script for that checked in?

Yes there is a script, but it bombs on the latest exe

Spanners
01-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Did anyone get RoF maps working and drawing correctly ?

Mine show up just the text desriptions. Is there anything different about teh maps from eqresource compared to mapfiend?
All my mapfiend maps appear to be ok but can't find any rof ones on there.

rogues
01-10-2013, 06:37 PM
You need to change all the black lines to another color. I went through with emacs and changed all the blacks to grey (think to 128, 128, 128). You need to be careful about how you use the replace function to make sure you get just the black lines.

Spanners
01-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Ah, I did see that but didn't pick up on what you meant, thanks will do!

fransick
01-11-2013, 07:01 AM
here's a snippet of a perl script someone posted a long time ago (perhaps ksmith?) that works well for converting maps

#!env perl -pi

# Description: Converts black lines and points in EQ-style maps to black.
# Usage: whitelines.pl file [file2 file3 ...]

s/(,\s*0){3}(\s*)$/, 255, 255, 255$2/;

Spanners
01-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Even better, thanks!

Razzy
02-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Which mapconvert script did you use to convert these new RoF maps? It doesn't seem to be working right with the stickied mapconvert bash script.

Razzy
02-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Looked like I just needed to run ./mapconvert zonename.txt individually on each zone.txt file (after deleting all the _2, _3, etc)

Razzy
02-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Okay, I was slightly wrong on my previous post. The filename structure on the new RoF maps appears to be different than the mapfiend. Here's what I did to make the RoF maps to look correctly with white lines and other colors:

1. Unzip the RoF_Maps.zip into a new directory so it will just be RoF maps.
2. Delete all zonename_2.txt and zonename_3.txt
3. Rename all zonename_1.txt to zonename_2.txt
4. Rename all zonename.txt to zonename_1.txt
5. Download and run the mapconvert that is stickied in this forum in the RoF directory.

EDIT: Eh, still not %100 right... but its close.

Razzy
02-23-2013, 03:03 PM
I modified these map packs from eqresources so it can be converted to SEQ maps by using mapconvert.

VoA: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hk6b22afb735jkf

RoF: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7i6x7s77rgzodty

Razzy
04-18-2013, 08:34 AM
New expansion Shadow of Fear - RoF_Maps1.zip from eqresource that includes two new zones (Plane of Shadow and Chelsith Reborn)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?news8uuarc1auwg

ShortBuss
04-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Thank you, I was wondering where I was going to get these. Now anyone know where I can get the zone IDs to modify zones.h?

{ "poshadow", "Plane of Shadow" }, // ???
{ "chelsithreborn", "Chelsith Reborn" }, // ???

Razzy
04-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Thank you, I was wondering where I was going to get these. Now anyone know where I can get the zone IDs to modify zones.h?

{ "poshadow", "Plane of Shadow" }, // ???
{ "chelsithreborn", "Chelsith Reborn" }, // ???

Oooh you just reminded me. Will need to rename chelsithreborn.map to chelsith.map after being converted.

fransick
04-18-2013, 07:21 PM
If the new zones are listed on Magelo you can get the zone ID from the web address of the zone pages on their site. Recently I decompiled the exe and corrected some errors and got the RoF zones that Magelo didn't have that way. I may have time to do that again this weekend.

ShortBuss
04-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Decompiled the .exe? Are you talking about the EQ exe? Please give me the details as this isn't a trick I've learned yet. I'm familiar with decompiling, using win32dasm mostly, and hacking around, but not sure how that would help with finding information out for ShowEQ.

I figured Magelo was the trick but didn't see the zones there yet. I'll pass EQ exe though win32dasm today and see what kind of information I can learn, if any.

ShortBuss
04-19-2013, 09:46 AM
well now I feel stupid.... I finally decided to just zone into these zones and grab the ID from a log entry. So I did. Chelsith Reborn = 763. But checking zones.h that spot is already filled, with Chelsith Reborn. So after all that, I find out someone already added the 2 new zones into zones.h. I guess they must have been parsed out some time ago.

{ "chelsith", "Chelsith Reborn" }, // 763
{ "poshadow", "Plane of Shadow" }, // 764

fransick
04-19-2013, 07:26 PM
well now I feel stupid.... I finally decided to just zone into these zones and grab the ID from a log entry. So I did. Chelsith Reborn = 763. But checking zones.h that spot is already filled, with Chelsith Reborn. So after all that, I find out someone already added the 2 new zones into zones.h. I guess they must have been parsed out some time ago.

{ "chelsith", "Chelsith Reborn" }, // 763
{ "poshadow", "Plane of Shadow" }, // 764

Lol, I just noticed the same thing after going through the hassle of disassembly. I added them when I disassembled and fixed everything for RoF earlier.