PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: MySEQ 2.2.13 Released

Razzle
01-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Announcing the release of MySEQ Open 2.2.13. The installer can be downloaded from the files section (http://sourceforge.net/projects/seq/files/MySEQ%20%28Windows%20SEQ%29/MySEQ%20Open%202.2.13/MySEQ%20Open%202.2.13.msi/download) on sourceforge.

Release Version 2.2.13</SPAN>

Dated 24 January 2013</SPAN>

Server Changes</SPAN>

The /system32 folder will be checked for notepad.exe when using the Edit Offsets button. This helps the button work on newer versions of Windows Server. </SPAN>
Updated Offsets to EQLive dated 1/16/2013 </SPAN>
Added more patterns to secondary offset finder. Thanks Fireblade.</SPAN>

Client Changes</SPAN>

Selecting a Ground Item on the item list will now draw a line to the location, even if it is depth filtered. </SPAN>
Using the Mob Search box, will now mark mob respawns on the map too. </SPAN>
The corpse alerts settings will now work with the Mob Search Text box. If you do not want corpses to trigger alerts, then the Mob Search window will behave the same way. </SPAN>
Made a few changes to how the mob name history is saved for spawn timers. This preserves the lists better. </SPAN>
Added some code to help prevent the data stream from becoming corrupted. It has to do with processing incomplete packets of data. Let me know if server/clients lose sync more. I increased the size of the incomplete buffer. And at the end of processing a set of packets, I make sure the incompletebuffer is empty (I think this was the real problem). </SPAN>
Depth Filtering will be saved on a per zone basis. The client will remember the last setting for the depth filter being enabled or not for each zone. These settings are saved in the Application Data folder. </SPAN>
Made some improvements on how the client updates while zoning.

Razzle

Razzle
01-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Still no luck getting file ready for DL on SF. It keeps saying it will be ready soon.

Hidron
01-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Just checked again, and it is now available.

Razzle
01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
I seriously need to write a manual for MySEQ.

Razzle

Fireblade
01-26-2013, 02:02 PM
I seriously need to write a manual for MySEQ.
Razzle
Nah ... :D

Hidron
01-26-2013, 06:35 PM
Its fun to reply with RTFM though when people ask questions that are clearly answered in the manual. It would be a lot of work though.

MacQ
02-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Razzle thank you for the newest version. Your hard work is sincerely appreciated.

Regarding the manual, I would not spend time on this. MySEQ is not that hard to figure out and more importantly, there is plenty of information on this board if people just take the time to read. It's the same with MQ.

I think the best use of your time is your continued great work to improve this program and keep it "alive".

Razzle
02-07-2013, 01:50 PM
I am not gonna waste my time on a manual. I looked at what all I needed to do it right and was like... screw that.

I do have a new release about ready. I added the option to show the character name in the title of the client. I have been getting the switching between multiple eq sessions to work better. I get a random disconnect between client and server that i cannot track down. I also found a few other little bugs. The client/server connection seems more stable except when switching between two eq sessions.

Razzle

MacQ
02-07-2013, 05:02 PM
It's GREAT to hear you are directing much of your efforts to stabilization and efficiency. It's true that people love to see new features, but ensuring MySEQ is stable, fast, and efficient (low CPU usage) is always a good investment. You might not receive the "wow" responses because users don't always see and/or appreciate stability/efficiency improvements, but I for one, and I'm sure other "silent users", do appreciate those kinds of improvements.

And yes, the amount of effort to write good documentation is significant, plus, modifications to the software usually trigger needed changes to the documentation which makes the effort for a programming change that much more.

Razzle
02-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Solved the disconnect issue with switching clients. So just need to do some cleanup and allow some running to check stability.

Razzle

Razzle
02-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I think I am happy with the build I was working on. Should have release out soon. Just nee to test installer and make sure didnt mess up something obvious.

Razzle