PDA

View Full Version : email alerts work or?

cys
03-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Hey there, today i decided finally to give it a try and play with email alerts functionality. It sounded very promising. In options/SMTP I setup email from and email to fields as well as SMTP server address. I clicked "send test email" button and email arrived. Excellent! That is what I thought. But my joy ended here. Since then I did not receive any email anymore. O course I noticed the "enable email alert" button on Tool Bar Strip and I activated it. But mobs matching filters were popping. I heard the announcement via "speak" alerts and that was it - no email sent to me with any information of mobs. Is it not implemented / bugged option or am I missign something?

BlueAdept
03-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Not sure if it works or not, but I used to use blat for alerts for a different program, but it should work for MySEQ.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/blat/

cys
03-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Nice, thank you. Didnt know there is such a handy SMTP server for windows. It will surely be of use one day. However in this particualr issue there is no problem with SMTP server, but with MySEQ I am afraid - it just does not pass any alert to SMTP. Tests of SMTP are ok, but when rare mob pops, nothing is sent to SMTP and therefore no email is generated/sent at all.

BlueAdept
03-08-2014, 06:41 PM
I believe you can set the audio alert. Instead of that, have it call blat.

cys
03-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Ok, can you elaborate on part "have it call blat"? How can you call external application on rare mob pop?

BlueAdept
03-09-2014, 07:19 AM
A long time ago, I used another program that had audio alerts. You had to specify the path and file. Instead of the mp3 or wav file, I put in blat.exe and it worked. I am not sure if it would work on mySEQ but it is worth a shot.

cys
03-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Ah true, a lot of programs have alerts management option to choose from - either mp3 file or command to run. I am afraid myseq does not have the 2nd option however so i am stuck with no way to go from here ;[

viisual
07-05-2021, 04:49 AM
Hey there, today i decided finally to give it a try and play with email alerts functionality. It sounded very promising. In options/SMTP I setup email from and email to fields as well as SMTP server address. I clicked "send test email" button and email arrived. Excellent! That is what I thought. But my joy ended here. Since then I did not receive any email anymore. O course I noticed the "enable email alert" button on Tool Bar Strip and I activated it. But mobs matching filters were popping. I heard the announcement via "speak" alerts and that was it - no email sent to me with any information of mobs. Is it not implemented / bugged option or am I missign something?

There is a button in the UI you need to select to enable e-mail alerts; this is the step you likely missed.

Find the button on the toolbar and ensure it's selected/enabled.