PDA

View Full Version : Mapfiend?

Nomad_
03-18-2002, 02:10 PM
Anyone try to go look at mapfiend today? I went to look for updates and it looks like his site is gone.

lildr00d
03-18-2002, 02:35 PM
I got the same thing. Just a like to the entire map collection

genius
03-19-2002, 12:29 AM
Sorry yall, the Mapfiend site has been taken down permanently, for a combination of:
Personal reasons; After a year and a half, I will FINALLY be putting up my shameless
self promotion website to show off my l33t scripting and grafix skillz :)

Financial reasons; After going over my bandwith limits, and adding a second account
to handle the spill-over bandwidth, site usage dropped to almost nil, rendering the
second account useless. The site got quite costly, with no return.

As for the future, I plan on using the experience I gained with Mapfiend and CrushandSwill.com
to start a Free Online Guild hosting service with ALL the trimmings, and some side dishes
that nobody is currently offering :)

A snapshot of all the maps that were on Mapfiend, both EQ and DAOC is available here

The scripts I wrote to generate the png images, flash files and Adobe illustrator files
will be available from my new site within the coming weeks.

I thank you all for the support you have shown me in the past, and teaching me how to
maintain a descent web site

MF

Julanda
03-19-2002, 01:59 AM
Could someone please post where i can find a snapshot of all the maps that were on Mapfiend?

high_jeeves
03-19-2002, 09:01 AM
From the mapfiend site, www.k-r-g.com

--Jeeves

Julanda
03-21-2002, 05:14 AM
thanks for assistance

S_B_R
03-21-2002, 12:40 PM
Sorry yall, the Mapfiend site has been taken down permanently, for a combination of:
Personal reasons; After a year and a half, I will FINALLY be putting up my shameless
self promotion website to show off my l33t scripting and grafix skillz

Financial reasons; After going over my bandwith limits, and adding a second account
to handle the spill-over bandwidth, site usage dropped to almost nil, rendering the
second account useless. The site got quite costly, with no return.

As for the future, I plan on using the experience I gained with Mapfiend and CrushandSwill.com
to start a Free Online Guild hosting service with ALL the trimmings, and some side dishes
that nobody is currently offering

A snapshot of all the maps that were on Mapfiend, both EQ and DAOC is available here

The scripts I wrote to generate the png images, flash files and Adobe illustrator files
will be available from my new site within the coming weeks.

I thank you all for the support you have shown me in the past, and teaching me how to
maintain a descent web site

MF

I wonder if knows that the reason his site usage dropped to "nil" was becuase the shopping cart tool he was using was broken....