PDA

View Full Version : Latest Maps

burner
07-12-2016, 05:55 PM
I recently returned to the game after a 5+ year hiatus. It seems like some of the maps are missing or out of date (or maybe I'm just dumb/blind and couldn't find the latest).

So I took a copy of the brewall in-game maps and converted them to seq format using the script at the top of this forum.

They can be downloaded here: https://github.com/burner2/brewall4showeq/archive/master.zip

BlueAdept
07-12-2016, 06:42 PM
We cannot host maps here unless they are released under GPL. That is why there are only a few maps. They were created and then released under GPL. There is a conversion program available for download on SF file section for ShowEQ. Does that work on the brewall's or did you do it on your own?

burner
07-12-2016, 10:10 PM
The conversion script mostly worked. There were a few maps that caused errors and had to be tweaked before the script would convert them.

So, no, I didn't have to do much. But I figured since I bothered to do it for my own use, I could at least "share the wealth", as it were.

BlueAdept
07-13-2016, 05:08 AM
I haven't played in 7 years so I was just asking. I dont know what still works and what doesnt.
Any help is appreciated. I know that they will get used. Thanks.

Spanners
10-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Download the map sets from eqresource.com, these can just be dropped into the maps folder and they work right off the bat.. normally.
There are a couple of odd ones where you might need to rename mapname_1.txt to mapname.txt though - chapterhouse of the fallen is a good example of this.
You can verify before doing a rename, by using the (i think it's here) file->open->map ... and choosing the various variants until you see the detail you need.