PDA

View Full Version : WindowsChatParser

SeqTester
03-18-2002, 09:46 PM
I have a friend that has been playing EQ since beta and is actually a AntiSEQ person. But he is working on a "Chat" parser for windows. he has one now that is watching his log file.

He is going to be rewriting it in .NET and was asking me about the packetstream. As most of you know I am not a developer so I couldn't help him. But I do know that the TXT servers is sending to the client isn't encrypted (At least I dont think it is since you couls still see chat and some messages without libeq.a.

Are there any pointers you could maybe help me out with? I am sure he could just get a sniffer going and see whats what but he is in a major raiding guild and too busy for that.

This program is nice for watching auctions you can have it play wave files and such on keywords or when you get tells from certain people, and many more things like that.

Also this would be nice if .NET really gets ported to linux (I have heard they are talking about that) maybe I could talk to him about OpenSourcing it for fun.

And please dont flame being I am not talking WINSEQ I am very AntiWSEQ from day 1.

Thanks
ST
:D

high_jeeves
03-18-2002, 10:58 PM
Just dump the packet stream.. the text is right there in plaintext and really easy to find...

--Jeeves

Pyzjn
03-19-2002, 05:17 AM
Maybe your friend should check out EQWatcher Advanced before re-inventing the wheel. It Does all the things you just mentioned. It not written in .NET but what would ya want to do that for anyway ?

http://www.eqwatcher.freeservers.com

SeqTester
03-19-2002, 06:40 AM
he is more doing this for fun, he is the type that likes to reinvent the wheel. ANd thanks for the input.