PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ 5.13.10.45 for Live 12/14/16

BlueAdept
12-18-2016, 09:07 AM
Announcing the release of ShowEQ version 5.13.10.45. This version is compatible with the Dec 14th release. Special thanks to Newby and Showeq42 for their patches.

BlueAdept (12/18/16)
-------------------
- Updated version to 5.13.10.45
- Support EQ patch 12/14/16
- Updated Opcodes (Newby)
- Updated structs (Newby)
- Fixed run speed (showeq42)

This new release is available in the files section of SourceForge, or from the SVN repository at http://svn.code.sf.net/p/seq/svn/showeq/tags/v5_13_10_45//

Installation (tarball):

$ tar xjvf showeq-5.13.10.45.tar.bz2
$ cd showeq-5.13.10.45
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

Installation (SVN):

$ svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/seq/svn/showeq/trunk showeq-5.13.10.45
$ cd showeq-5.13.10.45
$ make -f Makefile.dist build
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

BlueAdept
12-18-2016, 11:41 AM
Please note, I did not get time to test this. I only patched and uploaded. If anyone has any problems. Please let me know.

LAX
12-18-2016, 06:34 PM
Tried a brand new fresh install on CentOS today, granted it has been a very long time. Everything compiled and runs with no errors except ShowEQ is not loading maps, not decoding, etc. Verified the network setup is good, seeing packets OK in wireshark using a switch with port mirroring TX/RX enabled. Still researching to see why ShowEQ won't come alive...

LAX
12-18-2016, 07:55 PM
Can anyone confirm this is an error free (beyond the warnings) startup that should normally function?

--

Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
ShowEQ 5.13.10.45, released under the GPL.
SINS 0.5, released under the GPL.
All ShowEQ source code is Copyright (C) 2000-2010 by the respective ShowEQ Developers
ShowEQ comes with NO WARRANTY.

You may redistribute copies of ShowEQ under the terms of
The GNU General Public License.
See: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for more details...

For updates and information, please visit http://seq.sourceforge.net/
ShowEQ 5.13.10.45, Built from 'main.cpp' on Dec 18 2016 at 12:41:52
CVS: @(#) $Id: main.cpp 760 2012-03-10 05:17:33Z ngdeao $ $Name$
Using GCC version: 4.4.7
Using glibc version: 2.12
Using Qt version: 3.3.8b
Running on Linux release 2.6.32-642.11.1.el6.i686 for processor i686

Using config file '/root/.showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Loaded preferences file: /root/.showeq/showeq.xml!
Info: Listening for first client seen.
Info: Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Warning: Couldn't determine netmask of device eth2. Using 0.0.0.0. Error was eth2: no IPv4 address assigned
Info: Filtering packets on device eth2, MAC host
Warning: Spells: Failed to open: '/usr/local/share/showeq/spells_us.txt'
Warning: GuildMgr: Could not load guildsfile, /root/.showeq/tmp/guilds2.dat
Info: Loading Filters from '/root/.showeq/filters/global.xml'
Info: Loading Zone Filter File: /root/.showeq/filters/unknown.xml
Info: Loading Zone Filter File: /root/.showeq/filters/unknown.xml
Info: Categories Reloaded
Info: No Map found for zone 'unknown'!
Info: Checked for all variants of 'unknown.map', 'unknown.txt', and 'unknown_1.txt'
Info: in directories '/root/.showeq/maps' and '/usr/local/share/showeq/maps'!
Warning: EQStr: Failed to open '/usr/local/share/showeq/eqstr_us.txt'

BlueAdept
12-18-2016, 08:39 PM
I actually just tested this and it worked for me. I even zoned a couple times to make sure.

Maps are not included. You have to get them on your own.

From what you posted, it doesnt look like it is seeing your EQ client. Warning: Couldn't determine netmask of device eth2. Using 0.0.0.0. Error was eth2: no IPv4 address assigned

Beyond that, I dont know. I had always used a real hub in the past but now use SEQ on a raspberry pi that is a wireless access point.

Spanners
12-21-2016, 10:08 AM
run ifconfig
check which network adapter is configured, I saw the same thing once, as I used to have both cards configured, and for some reason the config decided to listen to the wrong one.

You may need to use eth0 or eth1

LAX
12-22-2016, 12:46 PM
Just wanted to follow-up and confirm everything is working OK now. Here is a summary of my setup that is performing extremely well. I basically salvaged an old gaming system from 2007 that I still had laying around plus a few new parts. While it seems like overkill, I can run ShowEQ with the fast machine option and session tracking options and pump up the FPS to make it seem more real-time since everything is running internally at gigabit LAN speeds.

Asus Striker Extreme LGA 775 core 2 duo 6700 @ 2.66 GHz nVidia nForce 680i
nVidia GeForce GT 220
6 GB DDR2 memory
500 GB SATA drive
1920x1080 24" monitor (extra screen real estate really is nice)

The two embedded 10/100/1000 nForce NICs using forceDeth driver are disabled (eth0 and eth1)
2 PCI gigabit NICs installed (D-Link and TrendNet)
- eth2 is enabled for normal internet usage and connected directly to my normal network router/switch
- eth3 (promisc) is connected to a dedicated switch (see below)

The key to making everything work is the Netgear ProSafe GS108E V3 8-port switch with port mirroring. These are currently available online and in most computer stores. I tried other switches that claimed to have port mirroring but something about this particular switch allows it to be "hub-like" instead of restricting the destination port from monitoring activities only. In other words, when I plug my CentOS eth3 connection into the mirrored destination port, it still is able to get an IP via DHCP and act somewhat normal. Other switches I tried did not allow for this functionality at all and were restricted by design to only monitor. Apparently from my testing experience with other consumer level switches, even though Wireshark and tcpdump can see both RX and TX packets from the EQ client IP or MAC, ShowEQ will not play nice unless it has this old school hub type functionality.

Installation / Configuration:
- CentOS 6.8 32-bit 2.6.32-642.11.1.el6.i686 (default desktop installation)
- Running Gnome 2.28.2

Here is the only software that was added after the initial CentOS installation:
- First, used software update in System - Administration panel to update the general system
- Next, installed the following packages via yum:
subversion
gcc
automake
gcc-c++
zlib-devel
gd
gd-devel
libtool
qt-devel
qt3-devel
qt3-devel-docs
libpcap-devel
wireshark
wireshark-devel
wireshark-gnome

Uninstalled the terrible NetworkManager service and applet entirely following these instructions:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_OpenStack_Platform/3/html/Installation_and_Configuration_Guide/Disabling_Network_Manager.html

Configured all the network interfaces manually by editing the files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
Executed showeq with the following command as root: /usr/local/bin/showeq -i eth3

I have tested both the SVN code and the installation tarball for version 5.13.10.45 and can confirm both are working. I also added showeq-maps-master and filters-5xx-06-20-05 following the instructions available in other posts. It seems there are many ways to run ShowEQ these days and this is just one option out of several. It worked for me and the only hardware I had to purchase was the GS108E switch which runs about $50 USD at most places.