PDA

View Full Version : hunter achievement filter files

Newby
06-19-2021, 09:26 PM
I've figured out the format of the files eq uses for achievements and wrote a python program to generate showeq filter files. There's almost 400 zones, so it's possible I may have gotten the zone names wrong, but I think I got most of them correct.

I'm posting 3 zip files with the filters. Unpack and then drop the *.xml files into your showeq filters directory (~/.showeq/filters for me). If you are already using filter files, you'll probably want to merge your files with these. Note that these files only contain mob names that are on the Hunter achievement lists; other mobs (quest mobs, raid mobs, etc) aren't in here.

I'm also posting the python program used to generate the files, get_hunter.py. If you grok python, feel free to dig around in it, make changes and whatever. You'll need to have your windows everquest directory mounted somehow on your unix box.

The xml files are formatted so it's easy to remove a mob once you've gotten the checkmark, just edit the filter file from within showeq and delete the relevant line. Then reload the filter and it will no longer highlight that particular mob.

Newby
06-19-2021, 09:27 PM
Second zip file

Newby
06-19-2021, 09:28 PM
and third..

cn187
06-21-2021, 06:54 PM
Nice! Thanks Newby.

BlueAdept - since you're the keeper of the filters... do you have any interest in merging these with the main filters? It shouldn't be too hard for someone (me if needed) to knock together a script to do the merge without all the manual copy/pasting.

Loki
07-21-2021, 08:37 PM
Damn. That gotta be a lot of work.

BlueAdept
07-22-2021, 08:52 AM
Thanks Newby.

cn187 I am doing a double and half on thursday and friday (working 8 hours, off 4, work 6, off 4, work 4). I will probably be sleeping most of Saturday. If I get time, I will try to do it. If you have time, feel free to do it.

BlueAdept
07-26-2021, 06:34 PM
I started work on this. I should have it done in a day or two.

BlueAdept
07-30-2021, 02:07 PM
It is going slower that anticipated. I am still working on it. I hope to have it done some time next week.

Heywud Jablome
05-04-2023, 09:17 PM
These are handy and useable but curious why all the Hunt mobs are under Caution instead of Hunt?

xerxes
05-05-2023, 11:12 AM
Personal preference really. Feel free to change to whatever category you want. Caution draws the lines iirc that immediately draw your eyes to them. Vs if they're in hunt and you're not looking at Hunt, you could easily miss them.

Loki
09-12-2023, 11:42 PM
This named, Illdaera's Tear, is not being filtered right. I'm guessing its because of the '. I prefer them to be under Caution myself.

EDIT:

Actually i looked at the logs - it's using ` instead of '. - showed "Illdaera`s Tear".

Illdaera`s Tear has taken 5229 damage

Loki
10-17-2023, 09:35 PM
A Drachnid Retainer is spelled wrong in Crystal Caverms: Fragment of Fear (crystalshard) - missing an h.

Not sure if you guys want me to post errors.