PDA

View Full Version : Qstring::shared_null

Demented
12-21-2001, 10:32 AM
*Fixed*
Stupid mistake on my part. Make clean and re-instal of qt fixed it. Compile worked, v4 runs like a champ. Awesome program, guys.

Got GCC installed, running fine. Upgraded QT, no problem. Set pointers....no problem. Now when I do ./configure && make I get the following error:

/usr/local/qt/include/qstring.h:650 undefined reference to 'Qstring::shared_null
/usr/local/qt/include/qstring.h:652 undefined reference to 'Qstringdata:: DeleteSelf()

Anyone else run into this?

DaMule
12-21-2001, 09:34 PM
Yeah.. I'm getting the same problem here..

Running RedHat 7.2
GCC installed fine, no errors
QT appeared to install fine, no errors.
cvs checkout, no errors
make -f Makefile.dist, no errors
./configure, no errors
make

scads of errors relating to undefined references to QT components
example:
/usr/local/qt-2.3.2/include/qstring.h:650: undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
and
/usr/local/qt-2.3.2/include/qstring.h:652: undefined reference to `QStringData::deleteSelf()'

my history buffer is 10,000 lines and I still can't scroll all the way back.. :)

Any suggestions on how I screwed this up?

Thanks

Zaphod
12-21-2001, 10:14 PM
Make sure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, QTDIR, and PATH environment variables include the new version of Qt....

Hope this helps.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Yendor
12-21-2001, 10:24 PM
I had this problem and it was from using an rpm version of qt-2.3.2 rather than building it myself. When using g++3 any C++ libraries you link to have to have been compiled with g++3 because they changed the way C++ method names are mangled. Until gcc3 can be used to build a complete linux distribution I don't consider it ready for primetime. Sorry Ratt/Zaphod/whomever, it just isn't.

Anyway as of 2 minutes ago I can run showeq4. devteam you may want to change the default config files some as they are a bit cruel to slow computers. 10fps and 2 map windows are not good settings for a 233Mhz Pentium :). Had to log in from another computer to kill showeq since X was pegged and I could barely move the mouse around.

Tomorrow I will try it out with EQ running, too tired now. Read about 300 pages of programming documentation today (unrelated to showeq/linux at least!) and my eyes hurt!