PDA

View Full Version : CVS Commits, March 26, 2002

Zaphod
03-26-2002, 07:24 PM
dohpaZ (26/03/02)
------------------
Modifications:
Remove artificial dependency on EQPacket from CombatWindow and ExperienceWindow.
Remove artificial dependency on EQPlayer from EQPacket. Also removed non-sensical m_parent member from EQPacket.
Assorted general code cleanup
updated itemInShopStruct (more or less)
added formattedMessageStruct and it's opcode FormattedMessageCode (0x3622). These are used for many of the messages displayed to the user, by default only the message code and it's arguments are displayed. But, if you copy the eqstr_en.txt from your everquest installation to LOGDIR "/eqstr_en.txt", which would typically result "/usr/local/share/showeq/eqstr_en.txt", the actual text messages will be displayed with the appropriate substitutions.
Made the logger stuff derive from QObject and moved the PktLogger stuff out of EQPacket and made it fed by EQPackets signals to remove the dependency.
updated showeq.conf.dist [MessageBox1] section by adding a button for Formatted messages

cwebster (26/03/02)
-------------------
Bugfix:
added logger.h to EXTRA_DIST in the automake template

fee (23/03/02)
-------------------
Modifications:
Updated charProileStrcut and ServerZoneEntryStruct

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Nurseling
03-27-2002, 06:13 AM
First thing first guy this program is fantastic!!!!
Thank you for all your hard work...

After I did the CVS update and compiled
I'm getting several shutdowns frequently,
makeing SEQ unusable..

The only thing my terminal says is :Segmentation fault

RavenCT
03-27-2002, 06:58 AM
I was getting the same thing last night... SEQ was seg faulting quite frequently, so I rolled back to the previous build. That one might segfault once a week if that...

Still, great job on all the updates etc!

fee
03-27-2002, 10:11 AM
A new feature was added to allow formatted messages to be parsed. This requires you to copy the file "eqstr_en.txt" from your everquest directory to your showeq directory, usually /usr/local/share/showeq/. Once this file is in place showeq will run as normal. This problem will be corrected in the near future.

fee

Nurseling
03-27-2002, 10:16 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to just include the file with in contents of the CVS update....

I'm sure there is a reason why I'm just curious.

S_B_R
03-27-2002, 10:22 AM
My guess is that since that is Part of Verant's code it would be somewhat Illegal to include it in the CVS..

Zaphod
03-27-2002, 10:33 AM
Doh!

Found the problem, committing the fix momentarily.

And no we absolutely can not put VI/Sony's copyrighted works into our CVS. That would be illegal and act as a major taunt to their lawyers.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)