PDA

View Full Version : New Maps

lildr00d
03-29-2002, 02:21 AM
Does anyone know who if anyone is takeing over the map updateing for SEQ?:confused:

fryfrog
03-29-2002, 02:30 AM
my guess would be to just mention that you have a "better" map in a thread here. then, mention that you would like to include it in cvs. they will then probably say "hey, you could submit it as a patch" and you might say "wtf is that" then you might end up just emailing it to a dev... i dunno.

Virusmaster
04-01-2002, 12:06 PM
Coolness. Now I just have to learn how to work with the maps :) I am wondering if there are any good bits of info out there on that, but I'm sure all the knowlege can be found in the docs...

I know, I'll just use the search function! Wait, tried that, didn't work. Drat, foiled again. I hate being a noob :)

pxlplukr
04-02-2002, 01:02 PM
/noob/
so how do i use mapping with showeq. i have seen the options and have played with them some, but i seem to be missing something.
Could i get some kind soul <or unkind even> to give me a clue about ho to do this.

Cryonic
04-02-2002, 02:23 PM
Start a line, put a bunch of points, save map.

curio
04-09-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Cryonic
Start a line, put a bunch of points, save map.

Idiot-proof directions I wish I'd had.

SEQ is an INGAME mapper. You move your character around the zone to created the map. When you tell it to, it stores /loc's as an (x,y,z) triple in the .Map files. More specifically

Startup seq
Launch EQ
Go into the zone you want to map
move your character to the first place you want to start a line from
It helps to zoom in on the map (hit '+' on keypad)
Start Line (Control-L)
Optional - Choose Line Color (RightClick Map | Edit | Line Dialog)
Set a Line Point (Control-p)
Move to the next point on the wall/building/hall/landscape
Set another point (Control-p)
Correct bad points with Delete Point (Control-D)
REPEAT
File | Save Map

Notes:

When you want another line, do Control-L. There's no "End Line" command.

Sometimes the map displays doesnt updated with your new lines right away. I found that either a) moving or b) Killing a few things causes the map lines to show up

Changing Line Color needs to be done AFTER starting a new line. For awhile I was trying to set the line color BEFORE I started a new line (made sense to me) but that changed the line color of my *Previous* line. (Seq has no EndLine, so it had no idea I had finished that line). The proper sequence is Start Line | Set Line Color or Points

I've got a bunch of updated maps that I'll prolly post as attachments via the Patches board. Specifically Droga, W.Cab and Kurns.

Curio

LordCrush
04-09-2002, 11:19 PM
Thnx for info :)

Regards
- Lord Crush

Virusmaster
04-10-2002, 07:20 AM
Thanks Curio. That was exactly what I needed :)

curio
05-26-2002, 01:26 AM
delete

Aelorean
08-30-2002, 02:58 PM
How does one easily add text to the map (ie, labels)

Mr. Suspicious
08-30-2002, 03:45 PM
"pico mapname.map", make adjustments, save.