PDA

View Full Version : exp gains and levels

black.rabbit
03-29-2002, 02:52 AM
[this posting is not a "real" question or cry for help ... i just wanted to share some of my observations with the rest of you ... :-)]

in the last days i saw something very interesting when i worked on my smaller chars. i was hunting in unrest and wanted to level some chars from 12 to 15 which is really easy and fast.

the "interesting" information i saw with SEQ with the exp gained per kill: when i killed mobs with my chars in the 12 to 14 range, they got 17k to 35k on most of the mobs (a lvl 20 mob kill gave 57k). after my char levelled to 15, the "same" mob only gave 1k to 3k exp.

is this normal ? are there more such "exp-breaks" ? i know from my other higher level chars, there were times when a "good" mob suddenly wasn't giving out exp any more, like it did on the previous level.

also i had some interesting experiences (at that time i didn't have SEQ installed, so i don't have any "valid" numbers) when i was working on two of my chars at the tizmaks: those tizzies are very good exp at 27 to 29 and from 35 to 39 (that was for my cleric). i filled the 30 to 35 "gap" with CC and hunting giants in FM.

also the things i did for my cleric (whitey) weren't always as good (in terms of exp gaining) for my wizard (inky), and i was using the same "patterns for hunting".

well, when i get in those levels again, i will check the exp gains with SEQ ... maybe my "feelings" were just based on an increased boredom of cows ... :)

RSB
03-29-2002, 06:56 AM
just use this formula

(level of mob ^2) * Zone Modifier * Class modifier

Now Zone Modifier is normally 75
Class modifier can be anywhere from 1 to 1.4

The xp gained you see in the last column of SEQ is related to movement on your xp bar instead of raw numbers So killing the same mob will result in different numbers some times.

Now with the changes to class penalties (ie the removal) a wizard and cleric killing the same mob will result in the same overall movement on the xp bar (wizards need 10% more xp then clerics but earn that automatically by haveing a Class modifier of 1.1)

Wizard though probably can kill stuff faster than your cleric too.

Its all just math...pretty simple.

Had someone tell me today that one white mob in OT gives more xp than another. Hehehehe thought that myth was dispelled along time ago but I guess not 8)

RSB

black.rabbit
04-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by RSB
The xp gained you see in the last column of SEQ is related to movement on your xp bar instead of raw numbers So killing the same mob will result in different numbers some times.

so the last column of SEQ shows sort of the "percentage" within that level, right?

so if you get 10k "displayed" exp, it is quite something different for a lvl 20 compared to a lvl 50 char ?

RSB
04-03-2002, 10:24 PM
Yes in a way. SEQ now kinda calculates the amount of xp you would probably need to get to that point in the bar. This is why sometimes when you zone you see a negative number becase SEQ learns that its assumption was a bit off.

RSB