PDA

View Full Version : Make error

ShowEQuser
12-21-2001, 04:24 PM
Been updating all the libraries as I see then recommended on these forums.. I have 3.0.3 GCC installed and pathed, have 2.3.2 QT installed and pathed..

from /home/root/showeq (download source) I run the following
./configure (no errors)
make

and I get the following error and exit from the make command

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [showeq] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/root/showeq/src`
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/root/showeq`
make: ***[all-recursive-am] Error 2

I checked the existence of the file /usr/bin/ld and it is there and reports the following info

ld -v
GNU ld version 2.10.91 (with BFD 2.10.91.0.2)

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated..

high_jeeves
12-21-2001, 05:37 PM
Looks like you dont have the new libqt-mt in your path... make sure you have either changed your symlinks, moved the libraries, or modified your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

ShowEQuser
12-21-2001, 08:42 PM
Ok, I re-ran the QT 2.3.2 compile and sure enough it had blown out on the compile of MT.. I am searching for the newer libraries now to retry this compile..

Does anyone know if the 17.5 mb download of GCC is a complete install or if you need to download all the individual files.. I noticed that all the individual files add up to the same 17.5mb of data as what appears to be the complete bundle?

cs001
12-28-2001, 05:11 AM
Please can someone elaborate on this more... having same exact problem but i really dont want to make the qt again as that took 8 hours. I have followed nearly all the pathing changes and such and am stuck... so close yet so far.

fryfrog
12-28-2001, 06:23 AM
in my case, the lib-mt.so.2 error was happening during the running of seq 4. it turns out that qt compiles and puts the file into /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/lib but seq was looking for it in /usr/lib. it was baring on the gray line error that was mentioned. i used ldd showeq to find where it was looking for the library, removed the currenty symlink and re-created it pointing to the location of the right libqt-mt.so.2

i don't know if this will help any though. i had no real issues compiling qt, other than getting it to use gcc3!

make SURE you have changed the file /qt-2.3.2/configs/linux-g++-shared. anything that says "gcc" should be changed to "gcc3" or "gcc-3.0.1" (first is for redhat 7.2, second for mandrake 8.1) and that anything that says "g++" should be changed to "g++3" or "g++-3.0.1" (again, first is redhat 7.2, second for mandrake 8.1).

when I was compiling QT-2.3.2, it was baring and i couldn't figure out why. finally, i realized that all the "g++ <lots of shit here>" lines looked to be using g++ and not g++3! it pissed me off, cause i had done "export CC=gcc3" and "export CXX=g++3". well, after some tomfoolery, the #showeq guys pointed me to that configs file :)

hope that fix0rs your problem :)