PDA

View Full Version : Combo of problems & issues - Other player locations / Unknown mobs / Con levels wrong

AlphaBeta
03-30-2002, 07:17 PM
::Cross posted in help::

Not sure if anyone else has had any of this or if I am just too green but...

1. Other players don't always show up on the map, or show up as unknown mobs, or after being on the map for a while turn into little purple X's. If I get with in range of other players that arn't showing on the map sometimes they then show right and other times they don't show at all. I could see this being a huge issue with raids and PVP players and just tring to find someone else in the same zone.

2. Many times I am forced to zone in and out of a zone a few times before the mobs show up or all decode. I am many times left with a screen full of unknowns, mixed unknowns and decoded mobs, and a few times no mobs unknown or other wise sho at all and I get an empty map.

3. I have also noticed that mob /con colors seem to be off. Mobs are show as light blue on Seq are most of the time green in game, most blues are light blue. Even, yellow and red /cons seem to be working ok. Not sure if its me or a bug or what. Dosen't seem to make a diffrence what race/class/lvl combo I play they are all off.

4. Experience window malfunctions on zone. When zoneing from one Zone to the other I am getting random kills being listed of a mob thats in that zone with a -expericence total. Only way to seem to make this work is if I clear the totals once I zone and start killing stuff. Other that that its great..

5. Have not seen this in many zones yet but I did notice that in 'The Hole' (bottom of ramp at ent.) and PoH, that mobs show up funny and seem to not be in the places Seq is reporting them to be in... I.E. they look like they are walking at a semi high rate of speed when there is nothing there. It's not a multi-level map problem (no mobs above or below) as I see it when when I am in a 1 level area on the map.

And just a little side note.. I went on my first PoH raid a little while back and was very ammused with some of the invis object names in the zone.. LOL

flobee
04-01-2002, 02:36 PM
1. Other players don't always show up on the map, or show up as unknown mobs, or after being on the map for a while turn into little purple X's. If I get with in range of other players that arn't showing on the map sometimes they then show right and other times they don't show at all. I could see this being a huge issue with raids and PVP players and just tring to find someone else in the same zone.

EQ doesn't send your client exact data regarding PC's in the zone normally unless you are very close to them. This has actually gotten much better recently compared to a few months ago. The little purple x's are last known loc's of whatever it says, I've only seen this done with PC's.

2. Many times I am forced to zone in and out of a zone a few times before the mobs show up or all decode. I am many times left with a screen full of unknowns, mixed unknowns and decoded mobs, and a few times no mobs unknown or other wise sho at all and I get an empty map.

I have had this happen as well sometimes mobs appear right away sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes or i have to zone in and out again.

3. I have also noticed that mob /con colors seem to be off. Mobs are show as light blue on Seq are most of the time green in game, most blues are light blue. Even, yellow and red /cons seem to be working ok. Not sure if its me or a bug or what. Dosen't seem to make a diffrence what race/class/lvl combo I play they are all off.

I have not had any problems with this at all. Every con that I have seen has been right on. Try setting your level in the options instead of having it autodetect for you.

4. Experience window malfunctions on zone. When zoneing from one Zone to the other I am getting random kills being listed of a mob thats in that zone with a -expericence total. Only way to seem to make this work is if I clear the totals once I zone and start killing stuff. Other that that its great..

I haven't had much luck with this since getting SEQ running again. Sometimes kills will not show up at all for quite a while. Somtimes the XP gained says 0 as well as weird names being put into the list of mobs I did not kill. Sometimes even negative numbers get placed into the xp gained column.

5. Have not seen this in many zones yet but I did notice that in 'The Hole' (bottom of ramp at ent.) and PoH, that mobs show up funny and seem to not be in the places Seq is reporting them to be in... I.E. they look like they are walking at a semi high rate of speed when there is nothing there. It's not a multi-level map problem (no mobs above or below) as I see it when when I am in a 1 level area on the map.

I have not had this problem last for more than a couple seconds. If it does occur the mob just appears back where it really is. Not a big deal it seems to be consistant with a mob moving, stopping and having the "stop movement" packet being dropped.