PDA

View Full Version : Spedometer!

bmp
04-03-2002, 03:11 PM
So here's my idea. Add an average speed of the player, so we can measure more exactly how fast certain spells/items are.

Already added it to the feature request list, but wanted to get feedback on the idea here.

fryfrog
04-03-2002, 03:32 PM
not a horrible idea, probably easy to implement and it could be another "status bar" type display. i would rather see my speed than how much exp i'd get if i killed the entire zone :)

Ratt
04-03-2002, 06:13 PM
I was actually toying with the idea of replacing the compass with a speedometer and see how many people noticed :)

Just haven't had time ... if anyone wants to make a quick speedometer patch, I'll slap it into the code asap :)

Spaz
04-10-2002, 07:31 PM
I requested this a few months ago, there seemed to be interest in it back then, but there were other things that took priority.

Mainly posting here to voice support for it.

Cryonic
04-10-2002, 08:41 PM
I still use the compass, but a speed-o-meter down in the interface status bar would be very nice, though not a necessity for SEQ.

cbreaker
04-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Quick question, why do you use the compass?

S_B_R
04-13-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by cbreaker
Quick question, why do you use the compass?

Good Question.... Maybe he hasn't figured out that Up = North, Down = South, Left = West, and Right = East.... /shrug..

:D :D

Cryonic
04-13-2002, 09:23 PM
In larger maps it is hard to see me with a circle of only 200 units around. The compass also places a dot at the edge to point me to the mob I'm interested in, etc... I do know that up is North (smartass :) ). It's also usefull for when I turn the map off at times.

Catt
04-14-2002, 02:48 AM
Turn the map off?!

Wow, I guess there are many different people out there...

S_B_R
04-14-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Cryonic
In larger maps it is hard to see me with a circle of only 200 units around.Heh that's why I use 2 maps, one zoomed in and one showing the whole zone. Works great ;)

Originally posted by Cryonic
(smartass :) )Me? A Smartass??! No, couldn't be... Really? WTF?!? ;)

cbreaker
04-14-2002, 02:23 PM
Personally, I use the + and - keys a lot. They zoom the map in and out.

I'd use multiple maps but you can't tell SEQ where to dock them, so I use just the one and zoom in and out as needed.

S_B_R
04-14-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by cbreaker
Personally, I use the + and - keys a lot. They zoom the map in and out.

I'd use multiple maps but you can't tell SEQ where to dock them, so I use just the one and zoom in and out as needed.

You could undock all the windows and move them around where you want then do "Save Preferences" under the file menu... then next time you launch SEQ all your windows will be where you left them... without docking. ;)

cbreaker
04-14-2002, 11:20 PM
:(

I like docking. Makes ShowEQ more polished looking... over say SINS.

Boogyman
04-16-2002, 09:03 AM
I love the idea of a spedometer!! That compass does get used by more people now, but adding a second compass thats called spedometer with a little needle showing your run speed would be great. In fact, instead of hard coding the run speed as the mesurement, allow people to set what they want to clock... could be the speed they gain exp, the speed they run... gimme 5 minutes and I could think up a few other useless but cool things, like maybe the speed you fall from the sky when using a levitate spell. Maybe have the ablity to have it mesure the distance from the absolute zero Z cord so you know how high or low you are without looking at that small number at the bottom. And make them dock/undockable so I can have about 20 of them on desktop #2 and keep track of everything with nice visible needles. Oh, and can you have this done by friday? Thanx!

All kidding aside, its a great idea and I would love to see it!

Boogyman

Spaz
04-18-2002, 11:21 AM
errr.

When I requested a speedometer, I meant something really really simple.

Like a three digit number in the lower info bar that frames the main EQ window.

Would be great to be able to target an orc pawn, see it runs at a factor of (at random), "15" while chasing me, where as I run at "13" and when I strafe run I move at 16... and Jboots cause me to move at 25, etc etc.

Boogyman
04-18-2002, 01:41 PM
The number is already there, just not visible because, so it should be pretty easy to find the number that is passed to the map to give it the speed of motion line that is draw in front of all mobs, and just have that number repeated on the lower bar or something. Although, an actual spedometer with a needle or something would be nifty :)