PDA

View Full Version : aftez213

kongfu
04-04-2002, 10:31 AM
Are there anyprograms that will allow u to view the .map files on a windows based machine? I downloaded mapfiends php script but have no clue how to use it. Basically i want to save the maps as a jpeg file.

RSB
04-07-2002, 08:43 PM
I'll try to dig up the start of the viewer/editor I was righting. Maybe I burnt it to CD before rebuilding my machine. It will be more of a viewer than a editor and has no save feature (ie to jpeg)

One not for you .... save it as a PNG or GIF. JPEG is good for photorealistic images since minor changes don't get notice to much by the human eye. But with vector images, Images with few colors etc PNG and GIF provide better compression and it is lossless

RSB

high_jeeves
04-07-2002, 10:39 PM
I think I saw one of these at some point.. might want to try searching google. Also, you can open them up in ShowEQ, and then do a screen capture... Depends on what you want them for.

--Jeeves

Zaphod
04-08-2002, 02:18 AM
Just install with the CGI stuff on your SEQ Linux box....

./configure --enable-cgi=<cgi-dir>
make
make install

Where cgi-dir is the path to the directory where your web server stores its CGI files, on RedHat 7.2 "/var/www/cgi-bin/".

Then once it's all installed just use the drawmap.cgi CGI program to look at the maps in PNG format. The URL would be of the form [url]http://your_linux_box/cgi-bin/drawmap.cgi", where your_linux_box is the name of your linux box. Then just save it to disk and convert to your prefered format... Although JPEG won't give you mcuh as RSB mentioned. I mean hell, even a complex map like GreatDivide is only 12k and most are only 4-8k.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)