PDA

View Full Version : itemdata.dbm

netspyder101
04-11-2002, 04:37 AM
Just wondering if anyone has a fairly robust dbm file for the items in the game that they would be willing to share with me.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Ratt
04-11-2002, 06:30 PM
I would actually like to start compiling a global database of stuff... with the aim to have the most accurate and comprehensive list of "stuff" for EQ around ...

My stumbling block up to this point is a method to get it automatically integrated from various (untrusted) sources... Short of someone sending me the dbm and/or the CSV files themselves and me doing it manually, I'm not sure how to handle it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I already have an SQL database backend up and running with some of my personal dbm stuff.

Cryonic
04-11-2002, 07:18 PM
What about something similar to the item database that was originally on Hackersquest? Just integrate some of its functions into SEQ.

Ratt
04-11-2002, 09:57 PM
Well, that's the thing ... He keeps his source closed and encrypted to minimize the risk of putting bogus data into the item database.

In our case, our source is open, so any method of putting in data into the database will inheriently be open and unencrypted... thereby making it trivially easy to populate it with bogus data.

I was thinking of a rating system, and if someone comes across bogus data, they click a flag. The more times the flag is clicked, the less of a valid candidate it is on searches or something... but that's not exactly the best solution.

cbreaker
04-12-2002, 03:16 AM
EQEmu has an item collector tool that will sniff for items when you see them, package them up in a file, and send them away to a central database of items for use with the emulator.

I believe something could also work with ShowEQ. SEQ would know when you loot something, and be able to see what is looted. Eventually after some time, enough SEQ users will have looted enough corpses and seen enough items to build a fairly accurate database of items, known possible loot drops, etc - from a trusted source - the game itself.

If the worries are that someone will find a way to produce "fake" information and send it over, I'm sure there are means of validating that before or after the data has been transmitted.

However I'm no C programmer and I'm sure it mightily more complicated than it seems.

Vertigo1
04-12-2002, 04:03 PM
My understanding is the itemdata.dbm and itemrawdata.dbm are currently used by the CGI parts of ShowEQ. I am currently playing with this, and I have it working in a decent form.

You can compile the cgi with showeq by ./configure --enable-cgi=/path/to/cgi-bin --enable-icons=/eq-icons/

you can take a look here if you want to, try not to hammer on it too hard.Click Here (http://www.trilogytech.net/itemsearch.html)

fryfrog
04-12-2002, 06:00 PM
i would think that a fairly easy way to keep fake info out would be to require that an item be submitted say... 5 different times by 5 different clients. or, just 5 times if you don't want to track say a one way hash of the ip.

if you were to run the ip through a one way hash before storing it, you could keep from having the same items repeatedly submitted by the same ip, but you also would avoid giving away ip address to say... varent if they came and took the server.

lethaltiker
04-13-2002, 08:38 AM
I posted a message in the help forum earlier about not being able to compile with the --enable-cgi=/ ... etc..

I ended up using "showeqitemdbtool -x" to export the data, imporrted it into a mySQL db and writing my own scripts for it there.

One thing I noticed is the data on some items are inaccurate, whether it's seq making errors, or Verant is doing something, I don't know. This means that the data from SEQ can't really be trusted as being accurate.

If you want an example, look in Vertigo1's list above and do a search for the "Tome of Order and Discord".

If only those stats modifiers were real, I'd have never destroyed mine. :)

iluvseq
04-15-2002, 02:40 PM
A few patches ago the item structures and flags were modified a bit. I submitted patches that fixed the flags and the container item structs, and they have been accepted, however, this doesn't "back fix" any innacurate data in your DB.

There are still problems regarding the opcodes and packet structures for items being traded, and items on vendors. The item structs sent when you zone are 100% fine now, as well as items you loot from corpses.

However, items traded put into a trade window (in or out) are usually garbled due to changes in the itemtrade packets. Also, Items on vendors are often garbled.

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to fix these problems, but haven't had the time (or patience) to do the raw packet analysis that is required to determine the new packet structure.

Of course, as soon as we catch up, Verant is likely to change things around again anyway. The point is, if you want to create a guaranteed DB, you should back up your DBM files often, and carefully watch the console window after each patch to make sure that the item entries are not corrupted.

Right now, SEQ is broken when it comes to items. Too bad, as this is my primary use for it.

Mr Guy
04-16-2002, 07:53 AM
It's all well and good to have the global file, Ratt, can you attach yours to a post so we can snag it?

CoolGuyEQ
04-19-2002, 09:19 AM
Should work out a deal with Magelo to access their database for stats, etc....have the showeq database have item number/name, and magelo do the rest.

CGEQ

mbozio
04-20-2002, 04:05 AM
Seq have no use of item's stats. Seq help you extract the actual raw data about an item (when all itemstruct will be fixed) but never use them but to populate the itemdata.dbm and other files.

So, accessing magelo to get stats is pointless imo.

PD_Dingo
04-20-2002, 04:13 AM
I have fairly easy solution, but it would require more disk space than usual, since the stuff comes from untrusted sources, do it the same way as seti@home does it, just simply pull the same item from multiple databases and compare them. then automatically raise red flag on all items that doesn't fit with the other ones. for example if there was 5 item databases submitted and all have the item in it, 4 are the same and the 5 is different, there is a 4:1 chance that the 5th is a fake. the more databases, the more accurate results. best way would probably be to grab the untrusted one and add the items in it into one central database with things to be processed, then once a day/week/month just run a script that would do all the comparing and weeding out.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Dingo

PD_Dingo
04-20-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by mbozio
Seq have no use of item's stats. Seq help you extract the actual raw data about an item (when all itemstruct will be fixed) but never use them but to populate the itemdata.dbm and other files.

So, accessing magelo to get stats is pointless imo.

it would be nice tho if the stuff shown in the tool tips was little more than a item type, if item names were shown there it would be much better, and yeah i know .. it takes more cpu cycles to process that stuff, but this could be done when user actually points on some spawn/player with their mouse instead all at once. :)

Dingo

mbozio
04-20-2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by PD_Dingo

it would be nice tho if the stuff shown in the tool tips was little more than a item type, if item names were shown there it would be much better, and yeah i know .. it takes more cpu cycles to process that stuff, but this could be done when user actually points on some spawn/player with their mouse instead all at once. :)

Dingo the info u see inside the tool tips box and the equipement listed in the spawn list are NOT items... i didn't go deep into the code but i guess that those info are only designed to help your client render the correct texture. So far, the only part where we need to have stats are when we are in trade, bank and maybe inspecting other. But for this last thing (inspect) i duno what's the structure of the packet send and the info migh even not have the corresponding item # and info since the client don't need them. Try to keep in mind that seq can only show you info that ur client allready have but migh choose to hide from you.

PD_Dingo
04-20-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by mbozio
the info u see inside the tool tips box and the equipement listed in the spawn list are NOT items... i didn't go deep into the code but i guess that those info are only designed to help your client render the correct texture

ahh, i thought that the server was just sending the item number and let the client do the rest, i guess that the texture number does the same job ... :confused:

Dingo