PDA

View Full Version : word from test

Wierdo99
04-15-2002, 01:05 PM
Just a heads up, SEQ now has problems on test after one of the latest patches. Keep an eye open on the live servers, one day you will also get the new "features". :p

cattj
04-15-2002, 02:12 PM
They seem to be adding a lot of new information to the packet stream, not much else has changed though. I suspect a couple of days in the developers hands and this will be fixed. If it hasn't been already ;)

-Cattj

casey
04-15-2002, 03:14 PM
I suspect a couple of days in the developers hands and this will be fixed. If it hasn't been already

dont know the current status, but floyd and zaphod were discussing the changes a couple days ago in IRC.

Zaphod
04-17-2002, 12:49 PM
Yeah, floyd and I have been examining these issues. They are extensive, many packets have exploded in size, for example charProfileStruct went from 8k to greater than 13k. If these go live expect zoning to take longer unless you've got a high-speed internet connection.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

cattj
04-17-2002, 05:59 PM
Except for that one packet that shrunk. I think it was makeDropStruct.

I fixed most of the problems on my local machine not that it works perfect (i dont really know what was added) but I can see all i need to get around.

If you need anyone to test out changes I'd be more than happy to give you a hand.

-Cattj