PDA

View Full Version : undefined symbol: _ZN2Qt9lightGreyE

sequser
12-22-2001, 02:38 AM
After downloading a new Qt, getting it installed and built (using -thread option), I was finally able to build v4 ShowEQ. However I get the following error when I run showEQ

./showeq: error while loading shared libraries: ./showeq: undefined symbol: _ZN2Qt9lightGreyE

Ok. I just took a look at the this thread .Fix: SEQ4 and QT shared library error (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65) and after some poking around, I found my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH was empty, im not sure why (must have been a typo in the .profile, but I dont see it)

when I do ldd showeq, I get:
libqt-mt.so.2 => /usr/lib/libqt.so.2 (0x40025000)

which was the wrong one (my new qt is in /usr/local/lib/qt), but I dont know the best way to fix the problem.

MarkJames
12-22-2001, 03:49 AM
check the forums and enter uyour export lins b4 running seq .. worked for me

repudi8or
12-22-2001, 09:03 AM
Put the following in your /etc/profile and you will never have this problem again:

export QTDIR=/usr/local/qt-2.3.2
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export CXX=g++3
export CC=gcc3

Regards Repudi8or

Figment
12-26-2001, 10:12 AM
Can anyone help me, I have this same error. I did what repudi8or posted and it works until I reboot. Next time the computer comes back on after a shutdown, it will produce this error.

Any ideas?

Override
12-28-2001, 06:42 PM
I got this very error when i forgot to do su before starting eq today. doh! Make sure you do su and are root at the command prompt.