PDA

View Full Version : Problem with spell timer

Exo
04-21-2002, 05:49 AM
I have noticed a problem with the spell timer. I noticed it with the sue of a mez spell.

If you mez something, and get an add then mez it (repeat a few times) from time to time the spell timer resets the countdown on the first mez.

Did that make sense?

fryfrog
04-21-2002, 09:25 PM
i think i know what you are saying, but i am not sure if that is anything they can fix. i am not sure weather or not the server actually tells you WHICH target you are mezing. so if you repeatedly mez the same type of creature... seq might think that you are actually mezing the SAME creature, and it refreshes the spell timer for THAT creature.

it can only have the information you are getting. if you target is a ways away, seq ONLY (afaik) knows that you started casting the spell and the name of your target possibly.

course, i could be talking out my butt... so maybe someone will correct me? :)

high_jeeves
04-21-2002, 09:29 PM
if i remember correctly, it knows the spawn ID you cast on, and the spawn ID you hit (the client has to know where to draw the spell effect)... the wearing off is where showeq has to do guess work... all it knows at that point is the name of the spawn, but not which of that name the spell is wearing off of. (It doesnt have an ID, just text, if I remember correctly).

Not sure if this is related to the problem described above, but in general, i beleive this is how the spell packets work.

--Jeeves

devnul
04-26-2002, 02:22 PM
this should key off the spawn id and not the name

as it now works if you cast the same spell on two mobs there are two entries in the list but the first entries timer get set to the new refreshed timer

without looking at the code i will assume its matching the spawn name and not the id, which is incorrect

or it could be iterating backwards down an ordered list and not stopping once it adjusts the time, again this could be solved by comparing spawn id's and not names.. i can see no useful benefit to matching names instead of id's

dn

Ryntar
05-10-2002, 02:26 PM
The actual problem was that there are two spots where the spell info countdown timer is updated. Once when the spell begins casting and another when the spell finishes casting. The point at where it finished casting, it would update the timer but not take into account the target ID of whom the spell was cast upon. This was probably an oversight. Without specifying the target ID, the first matching spell found in the list had its timer value updated -- sometimes this was the right spell and sometimes not.

The fix is to pass along, to the spell refresh code, the target ID. The code change is trivial and has been submitted to the programmers of ShowEQ, so expect it in the next CVS version.