Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CVS Commit, May 8, 2002

And how many of my posts have been quite helpful to other people? Its simple.. if you do some work, and you still cant find the answer, I help... If you have a well thought out question, I help.. If you ask "How do I setup ShowEQ" or "How do I update CVS", you get flamed... Its a simple system...

If all of the people on this board who did the flaming walked away, 80% of the help that goes on here would also disappear.. the ones flaming the lazy people are the same ones who generate almost all of the help for this project...

Just read this thread.. count the people who come here complaining about the RTFM responses, and count the people backing the RTFM responses... I think you will find that you are in the minority, and that you are also in the group who doesnt provide help to other people at all... If you are lazy, and you get bitched at, suck it up and deal with it...

--Jeeves

I don't see anything wrong with moderators going in and deleting threads (not just individual messages) if they are common questions who's answer can be found in a FAQ or in another thread already posted (like the SEQ install guides).

One of the nice things about vBulletin is you can split/join and move threads...

So you can take all the individual off-topic posts in this thread, move them to another thread and shove them in another forum, if you wish.

If course, locking the annoucements forum so you can't post OR reply w/o elevated privs might not be such a bad thing to keep the signal/noise ratio high at least here.

Thread Information