Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exp NERF evidence - its not just a nerf for soloers

Angry

Thanks fee...sounds like your numbers are probably right on unfortunately.

Experience Patch "Un-nerfing" petition

Experience Patch "Un-nerfing" petition has started...

It can be found here: Experience Patch "un-nerfing" petition

Hey all, haven't had much time on the boards lately, but I'm back for a bit.

Anyway, I have been meaning to ask... what "level" is the AAXP bar? In other words, is it a level 50 bar? a level 55 bar? Or does it match whatever level you happen to be atm? This isn't the correct terminolgy, but I think you know what I'm trying to ask.

I ask this for two reasons.

The first is out of curiosity, wondering if it is better to earn aaxp in low 50's or wait until high 50's to 60. I've heard many theories on both and still don't really have a close answer.

The second reason is that the testing for the values above show close to even exp at around 55. If the aaxp bar (which had all exp going into it for the testing) is level 55, then the exp may be even to the level it is applied to. If not, then ... well not. Just a thought.

From looking at SEQ it appears to be a static 15,000,000 per AA point.

Warriorx ... are you the same yutz that's saying that on the FoH boards? Whoever that is needs to be beaten. The FoH boards are as bad as whineplay... there's so many armchair coders, it's sickening... They need to get a frigging clue before posting... the CODE IS AVAILABLE. LOOK AT IT BEFORE speaking... sheesh.

Anyway, SEQ knows your experience, it's sent from the server when you zone... as Fee has already explained in detail.

Got home late, so can't really do a whole lot more testing, given the hour.

No, I saw the post on the FoH board, and came here to ask if it was true.

I didn't really understand the notation Twidddler at first, but he ties it too closely to some specific numbers. Also, Verant (like most developers) tends to kludge this stuff onto the end of an old formula in a simple way. So this is intended to show how this would fit in with our old models.

This formula would be for dark blue cons only. We have no data on even or higher cons, nor do we have any data on light blues. It also ignores the party modifier and party split as they are irrelevant in the solo case. And, of course, there are different formulas at the lower levels. Given the way the numbers worked out, I'd be shocked if even con wasn't on the same formula. And, for the same reason I'd be very careful of extrapolating this to yellow and higher cons.

LDM stands for Level Difference Modifier

levelDiff = characterLevel - mobLevel

if (levelDiff < 7)
    LDM = (1300 - (65 * levelDiff)) / 1000
    else
    LDM = (1000 - (50 * levelDiff)) / 1000

Experience = (mobLevel^2) * classMod * raceMod * ZEM * LDM
    For Fee's data ZEM = 75; classMod = 1.2; raceMod = 1
    Last edited by Ace; 09-06-2002 at 07:06 AM.

Thread Information