Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild Tags - Taking feature requests

I thought it was just me doing something wrong with QT/SEQ compile that was causing the constant seg faults I've been experiencing for some time. Alas, just as I read this thread and was about to try out unchecking the Show -> PvP option, the PoP patch happened
    -FGay Trader er... GFay

Yep, i know how you feel. everyone here said it was working fine. even one of my guildies said his was fine. mine was crashing like crazy. i was pulling my hair out and even pulling hardware.

Then someone mentioned that blowing away /usr/local/share/showeq fixed the problem. i thought, what is there? just the config files (and your modified versions aren't replaced when you re-install)

so i went back to default configurations, and turned options on slowly one by one until i got the crash, then experimented some more and found that both of those map options cause the crash.

Worked great for a full day before PoP came out. oh well, at least i have moving maps. i turn on unknown spawns and, well, i play a ranger so i can figure out what is what pretty well.

I am going to try to track down exactly why it is crashing in the code and perhaps that can lead to a patch. since i have time these days. (p.s. anyone want to hire a perl coder?)
    BaeLang
    ---
    "seek and ye shall find." <-- god's way of saying use the damn search button. (or grep)

Thread Information