Thread: Still no mapping on Test?

Still no mapping on Test?

I've made all the opcode and structure changes I could fin.. also tried the latest CVS (as of about 2 hours ago)... I still can't get even basic Mapping/GPS working on Test Server. Has anyone else on Test managed to get anything working? Or are all these changes only good for Live?

I don't normally play on test, but i fired up the test server, and created a character.

showeq seems to work exactly the same on test as on live for me.
    BaeLang
    ---
    "seek and ye shall find." <-- god's way of saying use the damn search button. (or grep)

Thanks for checking that for me.. I do appreciate it. Have you made any changes to the latest CVS? Trying to get an idea on whats wrong on my end. I know its not my network because 1) It used to work before the PoP changes, and 2) I can see network status showing packets sent/rcvd.. just nothing seems recognized by SEQ.

what symptoms are you having?

are you _sure_ you are using broken decode mode (showeq -b)
    because that is the answer to 99% of the problems we have seen people have in the last 3 days.
    BaeLang
    ---
    "seek and ye shall find." <-- god's way of saying use the damn search button. (or grep)

quester, have you tried these:
    make distclean
    make -f Makefile.dist
    ./configure
    make
    make install

I make it a habbit of always doing "make distclean" every time cvs is updated just to make sure all new files get compiled... the compile scripts sometimes skip files that should be re-compiled. If you are already doing this, then just ignore me please

With above don't forget to add your global variables for gcc

No, I've been doing:

cvs -z3 update
    make clean
    make

"Symptoms" are quite simply, nothing working at all.. Packets come and go, but nothing is done in SEQ. The map doesn't load, I get no unknown spawns, hell even the EQ time is "12am" all the time.

I did not start with the -b, but I selected Broken Decode in the interface.

I'll try both of the above and see how that goes. I'm thinkign maybe I should do a full clean checkout again too.

check out the faq...

Code:
    # make -f Makefile.dist
    # CC=gcc3 CXX=g++3 QTDIR=/where/is/qt2 ./configure
    # make && make install
    i have a feeling if you do the first part right, you will have better luck.

Well, I saw no reason to do a configure again just for an update..

I guess its a symptom of my "semi" linux knowledge. All the other apps that I run, an irc bouncer, and a few different servers, whenever I update them, I just do a make clean, and make.. never had to redo a configure. So I "assumed" same here.. well we all know what assume does.. sigh.

However, now that I have done that.. my mysterious problem of QT errors has returned.. arg

Must be something about the configure that causes somethign to go astray.
    Last edited by quester; 10-28-2002 at 01:49 PM.

Just make sure you have the correct qt version that the install file says to have. I cant remember it off the top of my head, but it should be right there in your cvs checkout location.

It is the correct version.. same version I used when SEQ was working.. Its just one of those days I think.

I don't want to speak to soon, but I think I fixed my QT problems. I "think" it was accutally a simply matter of putting the trailing / on the path. I noticed Fryfrog's quote from the FAQ does NOT use the trailing / on the QTDIR, and I was using it.

It SEEMS to be compiling fine now.. we'll see what happens, but i'm crossing my fingers

Thread Information