Thread: Possible detection avoidance?

Possible detection avoidance?

Well, first post by me... and I have my flamesuit on, even hoping to avoid the worse Jeeves flames...

Inexperienced programmer I am... but I can analyze and compile a program at least, so I built up the sniffer, got a clean compile...

Wanted to test to see if it worked, but didn't want to compromise the integrity of my account, so I pulled the power from the cablemodem before running sniff.exe, and like magic it worked, and I got a key...

Now - assuming that eqgame.exe would throw it's warning back to Sony as soon as it realized that memory had been sniffed, is it possible to have software bring down all network connections for 10 seconds (akin to pulling a cable from your hub) and then bring the connection back up so the EQ player didn't go LD?

It's possible to pull a cable from your hub, wait 10 sec, plug it back in and not go LD...

Second question - would EQ save ALL it's packets for when connection was re-established, or would it forget about the packets that it sent and did not get an ACK from?

It would just resend the packet till it gets a reply. As for it sending warnings back when it's memory had been sniffed, its not like it currently does that, nor do we know for sure if/when it will. At the very least, they would first need to patch before they could

Thread Information