Thread: What I did to send key to Linux/SEQ.

Lightbulb What I did to send key to Linux/SEQ.

got the newest ripper code posted by Mvern (nice work BTW.)

Compiled using MinGW as recommend in posts from this forum.

Dl'ed windows FTP server.. using Pablo's FTP server. (www.pablovandermeer.nl)

Set up server to host 1 folder with 1 connection with 1 user. 999 minute time out to keep from having to reconnect. Folder hosted is the same folder im running my the above ripper from.

launch Ripper

Launch EQ (not using EQW).

launch FTP command on Linux from default folder SEQ points to for keyfile.dat to connect to windows PC FTP server.

When ever i hear the beep from the ripper i just do a get keyfile.dat to copy the file to the SEQ folder on linux.

click decoder/load session key.

Done. works flawlessly.

IgorQ.

I already had my firewall/seq box mounting a drive via samba on my windows box at /mnt/c. I just edited the code to write the keyfile to c:\ and in showeq I set the keyfile path to /mnt/c

Then click decoder | load session key.

What would be groovy is if showeq could scan this file every 10 or so seconds and pick up the changes on its own.
    Last edited by splooge; 11-03-2002 at 07:23 PM.

When I try compiling the newest code in MinGW this is the error I get. Any idea what I'm doing wrong:

F:\Program Files\MinGW\bin>gcc -c keyscan.c
    keyscan.c:72:20: missing binary operator before '('

EDIT: This is what line 72 looks like:

#if defined defined(__CYGWIN__) || defined(__LCC__) && !defined(__MINGW__)
    Last edited by MeTh_HeD; 11-03-2002 at 09:13 PM.

Originally posted by MeTh_HeD
    When I try compiling the newest code in MinGW this is the error I get. Any idea what I'm doing wrong:

F:\Program Files\MinGW\bin>gcc -c keyscan.c
    keyscan.c:72:20: missing binary operator before '('

EDIT: This is what line 72 looks like:

#if defined defined(__CYGWIN__) || defined(__LCC__) && !defined(__MINGW__)
    Try removing line 72, 73,74 and 76.

You shouldn't need the if statement if your not using lcc or cygwin.

Grim, that worked. Compiled with no errors. When creating the executable, I get the following error:

F:\Program Files\MinGW\bin>gcc -o keyscan.exe keyscan.o -lth32
    keyscan.o(.text+0x388):keyscan.c: undefined reference to `PlaySoundA@12'

------------------------------

At the top of the source I see the following lines, but being a noob to coding, I'm not sure how to alleviate the error. Anyway the code states:

* if you get an error about a missing symbol PlaySound, be sure to link with winmm.lib
    * if your missing Process32First, link with th32.lib

Originally posted by MeTh_HeD
    Grim, that worked. Compiled with no errors. When creating the executable, I get the following error:

F:\Program Files\MinGW\bin>gcc -o keyscan.exe keyscan.o -lth32
    keyscan.o(.text+0x388):keyscan.c: undefined reference to `PlaySoundA@12'

------------------------------

At the top of the source I see the following lines, but being a noob to coding, I'm not sure how to alleviate the error. Anyway the code states:

* if you get an error about a missing symbol PlaySound, be sure to link with winmm.lib
    Add -lwinmm

This what is addressed in mvern's post.

Thanks
    GrimJack.
    Last edited by grimjack; 11-03-2002 at 09:40 PM.

Excellent. Works like a champ.

Thanks for the help.

I can't believe I got this working. I am so stoked, thanks for the help. I just start keysniffer, ftp serverm then EQ.

Its so easy and not to much of a pain to FTP the decode file every time I zone.

I was even able to figure out the -lwinmm thing myself. Part of the fun was knowing I'd get flamed here if I asked stupid questions. Used it as motivation and figured it out.

Thanks again guys.

MSK

using vs6 vc++ I get

Linking...
    eqfinder.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__PlaySoundA@12
    Debug/eqfinder.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
    Error executing link.exe.

I read the top of mvern's post and saw that I needed to link to a .lib file. I then searched for synatax on how to do that in VC++ 6.

If it is just "Add -lwinmm" could someone state where in the code to put this in or how to get vc++ 6 to do this?

The complie is fine, but during build I get that error. I would appreciate the code needed to link with winmm.lib to get rid of the 2 errors that occur on build.

Thanks
    a_guide_01

EDIT: If you have this prob just goto the "file view" on the left bottom of vc++6 and right click after changing tabs. Clicking around should get you an "add files to project" line and from there select the winmm.lib file. compile, build, run and you should be set.
    Last edited by a_guide_01; 11-09-2002 at 05:37 PM.

To add a library in MSVC, you need to go to the PROJECT window and select Properties.

This will bring up a window with several tabs at the top.

Select the linker tab. Down at the bottom, you will see a long list of .lib files (all separated by a space). Put your cursor in this area and add th32.lib to this list (make sure you have one space before and one after). Select OK. Do a save all, and rebuild your project.

If you're going to use UDP to send the key, you'll also need to add wsock32.lib to this area.

Thread Information