Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interest in VB Version of Keyreader

VB Version of Keyreader

Okie here it is. Now believe me I know there are bugs in this thing and it isnt meant to be a "grabit-compileit-and useit" type project. This is to give you an idea of WTF is going on in all that C code and make something to use for yourself. As far as the code goes, I had to break a few rules of code formatting I am usually highly against. (i.e. referencing Form objects from public subs, general U LONG LONG workarounds etc..) but it does work.

Note: There is code listed in the getting the PID for win 98/95 but i didnt implement it. If you need this to work for these operating systems you will need to do some coding So in other words this will only work in 2000/XP

Edit: Added Bitshift's code for retrieving an offset (thanks for the addition bud) and fixed some little annoying bugs

Enjoy

VB Sniffer.rar
    Last edited by Logic_Dingo; 11-11-2002 at 11:56 PM.

The source for this would be very nice

Please do. It would be nice to see some source code that even a lame winblows programmer can follow. hey, wait a minute. I resemble that remark!

I would be very interested in seeing the VB source. I am pretty familiar with VB6 and VB.Net but this c++ is giving me a headache
    z

This may sound stupid but this new seq is so confussing to me what is VB once i know what that is I will then know if i am interested or not. The whole idea of needing windows to get the code is scarey for me, And as i am reading all the posts and trying to figure everything out it confusses me more and more.

Unfortuently I am the type of person that needs to see how something is down right in front of me then read it and do it. I learn form seeing it not... well repeating myself. So any expanded information is great then i can try and work from there, it will take me a while to figure it out though /sigh.

I feel like such a tiny fish in a huge ocean and most what is being said in all the forums flies over my head. I reread all the forums everyday and sometimes 3 times a day trying to understand what is being done and how it is being done.

Well enough on that be gentle plz and I will eventually get what is going on just may take me forever.

Sweet I would be interested in that the easier the better for me
    Last edited by dana523; 11-09-2002 at 09:12 PM.

While, I haven't used, nor do I plan on using, a key sniffer, I think the greater the diversity in the sniffer kindom the better. So yes pleas e post it
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

He he he, can I write one in qbasic? Hows that for diversity

Actually, I just ordered two "for dummies" books on C++, so let's see how dangerous I can really be

I also wouldn't mind seeing the code in a more readable "human" layman form...

free baby kitten to the first person to post a working sniffer in forth

i would say cobol.. but then someone might do it

dn

i'll be posting source code within the hour ... please UPS the kitten to me at

Chutney,
    c/o George W
    1600 Pennsilvania Ave
    Washington, DC, 20001

k. thx.

/e wonders what the reaction at the white house would REALLY be upon receipt of a kitten via UPS.
    Chutney. It's whats for dinner.

Please don't mention COBOL. I have homework to do in that freaking class... Writing keysniffers in c and c++ and writing COBOL that calculates GPAs... Whats wrong with this picture?!

Lol

<------------- wonders if the VB code is more "readebly" than an c++ p

The more difference the better - ordered Borland c++ p, but dont know if it makes other code than VC
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

Please do! Qbasic structure would be easy to follow, and most windows users have access to it. People like me, who started on an osborne and upgraded to commodore 64 would probably find it very interesting. I would like to see one in assembly code too...

Dana- VB is Visual Basic. Its based on the old DOS basic language. it was designed for beginners, and is very easy to read.
    Last edited by UserZero; 11-08-2002 at 03:50 PM.

VB is Visual Basic, to go along with all the rest of Microsoft's Visual languages.

I would like to see the beta code too, so I don't have to learn C++. hehe

I was wondering how long it would be before someone wrote a keysniffer in VB, but I thinking it would be much more 'messy' than using C, because if I understand correctly, the key is 64bit, and VB doesn't have any variables that support a value 64bits long, unless that has changed in VB.NET.

I remember reading that you can "fake" a 64bit value by using VB's "currency" variable and then multiplying the value by 10,000 , but that can lead to problems if you are trying to store a value that will exceed a 64bit limit once it's multiplied by 10,000.

Maybe those problems only apply if you're actually trying to DISPLAY the key, but if not, I'd be interested to see how you dealt with all of VB's madness, please post some code.

VB code would be great - I can use it for more ideas for more of the many sniffer experiments I'm writing (next week I should have my current experiment finished and will post code - this time its a windows service that starts up with your computer, checks if EQ is running every minute, and if it is grabs the key every 10 seconds and if the key is new sends it to SEQ over UDP)

As for VB support for 64-bit variables, a 8-member byte array would work and you just have to write a bit of custom stuff to print it on the screen (sending over UDP just pass it the address of the array and pretend it's a single variable). Or in .NET (any .NET language) you can use a UInt64.

Thread Information