Thread: Iso (Image) File Question

Iso (Image) File Question

Sort of off topic but closely related to SEQ.

I've downloaded RH 7.3 at work using three iso files and burning them onto CD's. The burner I have is a little old so it did not automatically convert the iso files into usable data files. Basically it just burned them straight across so now I have three CD's, each with a 637 MB iso file on them. I've also made a bootable 3.5 diskette.

Can I use these cd's with the iso files to install RH or do I need to convert them to regular data files before I try to install? In other words can I pop my boot disk in, start the install process and then just use these cd's with iso files to install RH?

Sorry if this seems ignorant. I did some searching and found that other burning software (such as Nero) will coinvert the iso files automatically but my HP software (MyCD) won't do this. I'm not sure where else to turn to convert them as I don't have Admin privledges at work so I can't install my own software.

Thanks!

Hobo

No, it wont use these... it also has nothing to do with the burner, it has to do with the software. If you dont have software that will burn from image, then its a no-go... Nero is good, its what i use.

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Thank you. I appreciate the answer so quickly.

WinISO will convert images to almost any format. That might help you. Just do a search on lycos or google for it.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

I use nero 5. on the file menu is an option to burn images...

Copy the ISO's to the hdd. Boot from the floppy and install Linux. However, you might be able to specify the cdrom as the drive containing the ISO's. But, you can install Linux directly from ISO's without converting them.

Thread Information