Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Maggotboy's Super Stealth Sniffer V2 (code)

still hounding out why my seq box isnt recieving a key.

New code compiles, hooks, and releases as did before. DBmon looks a little different:

2508: Ignoring process attach request for C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    2508: Creating event handle "118.tmp"
    836: time()-cpuSpeed:1468821
    836: TimeGetTime-cpuSpeed: 1483508
    836: Found EQ Process!
    836: Injecting code length 33792 ...
    836: Code allocated at 0x02990000
    836: Setting hook procedure...
    836: Opening global event "118.tmp"
    2400: DIB resource not found, trying RT_BITMAP.
    836: 0 Removed
    836: 0 Removed
    568: DIB resource not found, trying RT_BITMAP.
    836: 6 Removed

..that "resource not found" message part of the sniffer or another program? I get 2 or 3 every time i zone

tcpdump shows a udp 8 being sent from my eq box to my seq box on the correct port, but no decode.

EQPacket::dispatchZoneData():CharProfileCode:Not Decoded

~Crux
    Last edited by Crux; 11-22-2002 at 09:55 AM.

Ok, v. 2.05 seems to be working fine. It attaches to a valid handle, and the dll unloads when I hit a key. I don't have time to test it right now, but this afternoon I'll see how well it works. I've compiled it without those grey boxes being checked.

vs.net build question

I get the following attempting to build the project in visual studio .net as a c++ project.

error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in eqsniffer2.obj
    warning LNK4006: _DllMain@12 already defined in eqsniffer2.obj; second definition ignored
    fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

I have followed the directions for project setup contained in the eqsniffer2.cpp file twice to make sure I am doing it per the instructions. The only exceptions are
    1) for the step "Project Options, choose DLL project", I instead have a modular window still up (because the project hasn't been created yet' titled 'Win32 Application Wizard', and can set the project to be a DLL under the 'Application Settings' tab.
    2) When setting the options for the project, instead of just xyz: <setting> I instead have many of them that the closest matching option is listed such as 'Enable String Pooling'/'Yes (/GF)'. I don't know if this matters.

I am compiling it on my machine at work, and will try to run it on my machine at home. Both are w2k.

Originally posted by Crux
    still hounding out why my seq box isnt recieving a key.

~Crux
    Have you made sure you are using the newest libEQ.a?
    I know I was having the same issue when I first used V1, then a friend told me that (unknown to me) there was a new libEQ.a dated 11Nov, I believe.

I grabbed the new libEQ and re-compiled.... I had Skittles!!! =~)

Hope this helps
    Just say no to sigs

Thumbs up

Ok got v2.05 working on two different machines using VC++6.
    Thanks for the very nice program!

cmore -- make sure the eqsniffer2.cpp file is the only .c or .cpp file in the project. The linker is telling you more than one DllMain is declared somewhere, which means you probably forgot to take out the additional files VS.NET created for your DLL project.

Maggotboy

lcc

Now we just need it to compile in Lcc =)
    -------
    O.P.B

Just my input to fix the grey box problem. Make the project setting changes before adding any files to the project. This corrected my grey box problem.

OPB -- I know we need Lcc instructions... I have not yet been able to get it to not crash the target program in LCC yet.

Came home for lunch to test this puppy. Works like a charm.

yeah, using the new libEQ.a and verified md5.

is there a way to tell if seq is picking up the key being sent? is there a broadcast that should be showing somewhere in the shell that seq is recieving the key or an option im missing somewhere to tell seq to look for the incomming key (aside from the key port option under the Decoder dropdown) ?

~Crux

Yeah, you'll see a message in the console telling you that it grabbed a new key. Can't remember exactly what it looks like though. This is assuming you're starting SEQ from a shell as opposed to your window manager.

Possible?

Maggotboy could you address this issue?

Before I start seriously start beating my head against the issues involved with the mods needed to compile this with the cygwin/gcc envirornment....

Is there any known show stoppers that would make this impossible?

Mongo222 - which issue ... the LCC compiling issue, the not sending SEQ a key issue or the crash on keypress issue?

LCC: I've never used it, and since other people are, I would rather leave this to someone with more experience to resolve.

Sending keys: Make sure SEQ is listening on a port above 1000, preferably above 4000. Make sure the RUNDLL command is also using the same port.

Crash on keypress: Not sure how to resolve this yet. I'll need someone who's experiencing this issue to give me OS details, compiler details, and be willing to run DBMON.EXE and give me some debug info so I can proceed.

Maggotboy

I'll have the LCC egg cracked eventually. I had to put it aside for a day or two as (annoying) RL stuff took priority.

Good news is -- I know where the problem is. Bad news is I don't know how to fix it (yet).

Thread Information