Thread: Problem with SEQ 4.3.4....?

Problem with SEQ 4.3.4....?

Hello all and thanks for the support and impressive work to keep SEQ alive.

The problem I am having is this. I had SEQ 4.3.3 running fine without any problems what so ever. I have been using SEQ, in it's various forms, for over a year now without any problems. Then my PC crashed and I had to reinstall Redhat 8.0 following the thread here: http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthrea...&threadid=1980

With the exception of wgetting and installing the old QT 2.3.2 packages, this is the exact same thing that I did on the previous install before the crash. However, now after I load SEQ and send the key, the program will work for a random period of time and then segment fault. After the 1st time SEQ segment faults, I have to reboot RH or SEQ will just immediately seg fault if I reload SEQ. I have tried a "mimimal" install of RH 8.0 as well as a full install of RH 8.0. I update RH to the latest patches then compile SEQ per the thread above. I have verified that I am using the correct libEQ.a via md5 and everything seems to be installed correctly. This is the only thing that I use this maching for, so no extra junk was installed.

Any ideas would be appreaciated as I am a Linux novice, and yes I read the faq's.

Thanks.

Bad/failing hardware? Most likely RAM.

If not hardware, then maybe a bad config file for SEQ. Delete the /usr/local/share/showeq directory and then reinstall showeq.

Just as a side note.....

I am using the "keyring" key sniffer, if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Thread Information