Thread: Two questions (not about installing!)

Two questions (not about installing!)

I bet everyone is long tired of questions about installing and getting it to work so here's a change of pace Im sure ill sound like a noob, but here goes...

1) Is there a nice instruction manual anywhere on using all the features; including a listing of things that no longer work in SEQ?

2) Spawn Timers. I dont quite get how they work. Does the program still need to "learn" the timers? If I want to find out the time remaining until King Tormax spawns, do I have to have my character there for 7 days straight from the time he is killed?

Thanks bunches!

Re: Two questions (not about installing!)

Originally posted by jgorrell
    1) Is there a nice instruction manual anywhere on using all the features; including a listing of things that no longer work in SEQ?
    Nope and check the FAQ.

2) Spawn Timers. I dont quite get how they work. Does the program still need to "learn" the timers? If I want to find out the time remaining until King Tormax spawns, do I have to have my character there for 7 days straight from the time he is killed?
    Spawn timers have to see something spawn several times (more than twice) in under a certain amount of time to get a guesstimate on the spawn time. It will most likely not catch something with a spawntime in excess of an hour and if you do leave the zone/game it will have absolutely ZERO clue as to when something will spawn at a spawn point.

Once it figures out a spawn time, does it save that? Or do you mean every time I go into a zone (even if ive been there for 20 hours stragiht on another day) it will not know any spawns?

think about the mechanics of watching spawn points... how do YOU do it...

you go there once or twice and realize that a spawn point is about 20min long (maybe takes you 3 spawns to figure it out). once you know that, you leave... and come back a day later... now, if it isn't up you know it will spawn in 20min or less but you have no idea how long till it spawns... then, when it spawns you are back on track. same idea.

it isn't perfect though, but it is fairly good. basically, its better than nothing. i think it is only for 60min or less spawns, maybe 45min or less.

Thread Information