Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks Guys.

Was just a post Thanking the devs, but his board name and sig has his char and server name in it.

From reading (incorrectly) between the lines of High_jeeves and Ratt, I was thinking he posted a flame originally and was now begging to have the people he just flamed help him.

"LOL.. if its not him, then I hope Ratt sends the IP address of the poster to Verant... we dont need these kinds of people either here, or in EQ in general."

"Answering wrong can turn out very bad for you, regardless of whether you are the real Paulo of Tunare or not."

It did not make a ton of sense because he would not be banned for posting a flame here so that I why I was interested in his original post. Anyhow, thanks for the reply

Pretty pissed off

Hi all,

This will be my first and last time posting here. I wish the members of this community no ill will, but I have not been a part of this and never will be.

The person who posted here pretending to be me is in fact not me. I am Paulo, I sent Ratt an e-mail after I learned of this post from Tyro (since then I have received a number of e-mails from friends who were concerned). I requested that this post be removed, although at this point I'd be perfectly happy to find out the IP address of this individual myself.

I don't know who I could have upset enough that they would want to get my account banned from EQ.

I feel that I needed to stop and defend myself, against my better judgement, as I believe that after the individual cannot reproduce the e-mail I sent to Ratt it will be obvious enough that he is in fact not me.

Tyro, btw, sorry about the banning on the Valiant Spirit boards, I'm not admin for my guild boards. Our board admin thought you were just stirring up trouble...I e-mailed him and informed him of the situation. Rest assured I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
    Paulo Al'Deln

Aha... Dark treachary!!! Will the truth ever be revealed?

My post was related to the thread on the VS boards, where the real Paulo said it wasnt him, and that somebody was trying to frame him.. I was suggesting to Ratt that he post the IP addr of the person trying to do the framing... that kind of crap is just childish, and it would suck for something negative to happen to the real guy, just because some child tried to get him in trouble.

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Given the various methods of verification, I'm pretty convinced that the person posting as PauloOfTunare is not, in fact, the real Paulo.

Here's the IP of the nutrag who tried to frame him:

Now... everyone, ATTACK!

Contact his ISP as well, I'll back up any complaints with documentation and cooperation for his ISP to get him booted off the network.

Post what you uncover and accomplish here if you want

<ip address/hostname>
    Host unreachable

<net block>
    199.72.137.160 - 199.72.137.167

<owner>
    Eastern Aluminum Supply
    311 North Oak Forest Road Goldsboro NC 27532
    United States

<technical contact>
    Interpath Communications, Inc.
    +1-800-890-6305
    [email protected]

<additional data>
    INTERPATH-292
    Created: 1998-08-29
    Updated: 1998-08-29
    Source: whois.arin.net

==================================================

http://www.eastalum.com/contact.htm
    Last edited by troll; 11-22-2002 at 06:27 PM.

To return to the topic of idiocy...

Man, you'd think anyone with two neurons to rub together would be smart enough not to try and frame someone on a forum where:

a) Your IP is easily attainable.

b) Many of the people who read/post are accomplished in programming/networks

c) For the vast majority of the people who read/post, keeping numbnuts like this from polluting the EQ/internet experience is an issue of interest.

So lets all bow our heads in a moment of mirth as the idiot who sought to do the framing in the first place gets his just deserts.

/me lowers his head and snickers
    a microsoft scowls at you, ready to attack -- what would you like your error message to say?

The original unedited post ... in case you were wondering

PauloOfTunare
    Blackburrow Gnoll

Thanks Guys.
    I just wanted to say thanks to all the developers. I'm a lurker and never post, but appreciate all you guys/gals do.

These latest key-sniffers are excellent.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-22-2002 02:46 PM

It also wouldn't be hard for him, if he was the original poster to go somewhere else make a new name and post that it wasn't him when it was /shrug

Yes, but would he tell Ratt in a PM that it wasnt him, knowing that his IP addr was going to get exposed? Not unless he was a total moron.

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

agree with gnome

I have to agree with gnome on that one....

and it's not really any big deal if the guys ip was exposed or not..true he would be fairly stupid..but lets face it not much will come of it.

Originally posted by high_jeeves
    Yes, but would he tell Ratt in a PM that it wasnt him, knowing that his IP addr was going to get exposed? Not unless he was a total moron.
    I don't think anyone here would argue that the original poster (be it someone posing as Paulo, or Paulo himself making a big mistake) was anything less than a total moron.
    a microsoft scowls at you, ready to attack -- what would you like your error message to say?

Thread Information