Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not decoding anymore

Not decoding anymore

I was just wondering if it is only me that the decoding has stopped for? I am still using the offset of 0x0078bcb8, is this correct? And while I am here, getting ready to get buckshot'd, what 'immediate action steps' should one take when experiencing a sudden stop in the decoding process?

Thanx, I'll take the answer off line )) .

Do you mean it stopped decoding during a session, or you can't decode anymore even if you restart everything?

Did your IP address change on your Seq box? If it did, remember to change your sniffer accordingly. Can you see the key being sent with tcpdump?

All the settings are the same. I have rebooted both boxes. But the SeQ has just stopped decoding everything except for my character. It is back to just GPS function. And I was just getting used to running with it working again - <sigh>. So I am gathering that this is just my problem, no one else is having problems.

EDIT: Like going to the car dealership because you hear a noise . . . this morning SeQ started to decode again. Go figure. Thanx for the help.
    Last edited by Aurelius; 12-16-2002 at 09:37 AM.

I don't have a problem like that, but for me SEQ stops decoding if I stay in the zone. i.e. repops do not show up on SEQ, once I enter the zone, if it's up it's on the screen, anything that gets killed goes away, but nothing respawns.
    --anon2--

Am see the same issue where if you stay in the zone long enough the spawns stop being decoded.
    Beer

This might be a problem with how some of the kyesniffers work.

Which method of sniffing and transferring keys are you all using?
    BaeLang
    ---
    "seek and ye shall find." <-- god's way of saying use the damn search button. (or grep)

I'm using Maggotboy's stealth code v2.05 or whichever was newest... Using port 10000 at the moment, nothing fancy was done besides changing the name.
    --anon2--

Also using Maggot's 2.05, and the latest SEQ build. It was decoding fine this morning before work, tonight SEQ isn't even seeing the EQ session.. no broken decode, no maps, no nothing.

Aye, I am using maggotboy's 2.05 and latest SeQ (you know guys, the one with Decoder on it )) ). I thought it might be a WinXP issue but that wasn't it as I had no decode with either WinXP nor WinME. But suddenly, It is working again. I cross my fingers )).

Using port 10000 at the moment
    This could be the problem. Maggotboy's code specifically says not to use the default port. Try using another port, an odd number greater than 10000 has been suggested. I'm using something in the 45000 range with Maggotboy's 2.0.5 code on Windows XP with no problems.

Everyone keeps saying over and over again:
    DO NOT USE PORT 10000!!!

so don't use that port!
    BaeLang
    ---
    "seek and ye shall find." <-- god's way of saying use the damn search button. (or grep)

I am using Maggotboy 2.04 and a custom port still getting it.
    Beer

Seems like there are two issues..
    - one with the mobs not decoding after one has been in the zone for a while, which is fixed by zoning and getting a new key. This one I've been experiencing for a while, but I just zone and all is well.
    - one with SEQ suddenly not seeing the EQ session at all. This one I just experienced yesterday. No change in network, software, machines, etc. SEQ worked in the morning, didn't see the EQ session at all in the evening. Quit and relaunch, nothing. Reboot both machines, nothing. 30 minutes later.. it suddenly started working.

not decoding

Mag V2.05
    WinXP

RH 7.2
    SEQ4.3.3

(not port 10k)

same problem as Fatal

I changed port to 13579, it's still not working right. New mobs will not show up on SEQ.
    --anon2--

Thread Information