Thread: Error: This program cannot be run in dos mode!!!

Hybrid View

Error: This program cannot be run in dos mode!!!

When I try to run the sniffer (.dll file) on my EQ box. within the dos window I get a message stating, "this program cannot be run in dos mode." On my other EQ box I don't get that error. Anyone know why?

Anyone know why?
    Simple answer: because it cannot run in "DOS mode"

More descriptive answer: all keysniffers use one or multiple Windows Dynamic Library files (dll's) to call upon perform certain tasks. DOS mode or rather MS DOS, the old 16 bit operating system, does not know what DLL's are and does not have a clue what to do with these calls. You'll have to run your sniffer in Windows and not in DOS mode.
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

bit confused

I'm running Windows 98 I made a folder on my C: drive w/ 2 files in it. .bat & .dll The .bat of course calling upon the .ddl I am using windows, but my batch file pops up a dos window displaying what is running. After i can see Rundll32 as a program currently runnin on my pc. Now that's how it's supposed to work.
    On my other pc within that dos window that pops up I get the error, "this program cannot be run in dos mode." And the Rundll32 is not currently running on that pc.
    That help?

additional

I have to run the MS-dos batch file within windows to get the snifer to start snifing.

don't.

Use <start> -> <Run> type in command to start sniffer dll
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

Thread Information