Since I don't have anything terribly deep and meaningful to post...

I thought a fun thread would be to see:

1. What book would you like to see turned into a movie.
2. Why?
3. Who should direct it and why.
4. Who should star in it, and why.

One movie I would love to see make it to the screen is White Light by William Barton. While this book will never find a widespread audience, it addresses several interesting issues that I think we might have to deal with in the not TOO distant future. If you're kinda squeemish about some things *ahem*, then this book isn't for you... but it would make a great movie.

However, I think it would probably fall flat as a movie, because the directors and movie studios would be too wussy to handle the content in an adult manner. They'd be too afraid of the public.

But, for a director, I'd like to see James Cameron possibly. I was at first thinking maybe Ed Norton as the lead, but he's a little too scrawny, and then suddenly... I'm thinking, you know... Christian Bale would make an excellent lead. I'm not dead set on that though, if anyone has read the book and has a suggestion. He's gruff enough to handle his on-screen profession and I think can produce enough belivability to pull off the scenes. Maybe not though.