Thread: It's Broken! 1-9-03 patch at least temporarily broke seq

Angry It's Broken! 1-9-03 patch at least temporarily broke seq

Zones don't change, all sorts of garbled data. Hoping the Dev's have a fix ready to go Just logged in and checked. /sigh
    Seqcleric

Totally Broken - nothing works - at all

zip. zilch. nada.

Yeah ....

Just confirmed its horked. The offset works but all ya get is garbage, map and mob data.

/cry

Since someone has been screaming about this for 2 weeks on test, I am hoping the DEV team has a fix waiting to be posted somewhere.

Since someone has been screaming about this for 2 weeks on test
    heheh! I wasnt screaming as i have been through this many times with SEQ and playing on Test ( i get broken long before live servers do), but i did indeed bring it up when it happend on test and Im pretty sure they have been looking at (at least mvern has hehe)

Took me about a week to get used to not having it around, and now, though i do truley miss it and would much rather have it than not, I dont loathe to login and play without it

Uncle Jack says Relax

Anyone who's been around a while knows that patches tend to break things, relax, give the developers a few days to sort through the changes, I'm sure it'll be working again soon. NO, not a SOE soon™ either.

A better idea...

The whole concept of open source here...

"relax and give the developers a few days..."

Open source means you are the developer. No one gets paid to do Seq. Sure, not everyone has the technical skills to be a programmer, but those who sit around and complain that it's been broken for...oh, 2 hours? Please, either pitch in, or be patient.

Or, better yet, if you have some technical skills, start looking around in the code to see how the packets are sent. See what information you can glean out of them. Maybe, just maybe you'll have an idea for something that could be added to showeq whether you're technical enough to write it or not.

Maybe not this patch, but maybe the next, or the one after that you'll have gained enough information to pitch in instead of sitting around and waiting.

If you don't have the technical skills...Try being a strong advocate on the boards. Try to help out people who don't know as much about Linux with what you've learned. Maybe you're not strong enough to be the person to help others...but at least take the effort to be strong enough to help yourself.

Open source projects like this one are fighting a war of attrition...every time someone who's put valuable input into the project leaves EQ, that knowledge goes with them...What's the only way you can ensure that showeq survives for as long as you continue to play EQ? Learn enough to do it yourself.

This isn't a rant, I'm not bashing anyone, just a courtesy reminder of why showeq works and continues to be updated...People probablly not too much different than you decided to put a little time into something they got value out of instead of simply installing it and then only checking the message boards when something breaks.

*quack*

AMEN

Relax .. Chill

Most likely that there will be more changes necessary after todays patch 01-10-03. Let the code Stablize so the Devs can work through the problems.

Time to work on the trade skills until things are fixed again. Now if I could only find one that Actually made me PP

KUDO's to the Devs you guys are great... Keep up the good work

MightyWarrior

Thumbs up Very right Duck...

And anyway we should not be in a hurry to run just after a major patch (especially with sniffing). I would rater weight a week relearning my way around zones without GPS and let our coding gods make sure Verand did not get smart...

Hmm... "Verant.. get smart"

I think that the chances of this are about the same as the chances that the IRS is going to decide that the've been too greedy and that the're going to RETURN all the money they have collected in 2002 :P

OR..

In any case..I would like to echo my respect and gratitude for all the work the developers have, are, and will do. Thank you for making EQ a MUCH more enjoyable place to be -- just how much more enjoyable has become even more evident this week

Do a CVS update

I lub the devs.

I would rater weight a week relearning my way around zones without GPS and let our coding gods make sure Verand did not get smart...
    Screw that. As I've said many times, EQ without SEQ is a PIECE OF SHIT and if they start banning folks for using it, I'll gladly take my ban, my money, and go play another game. /shrug

Originally posted by Amadeus

Screw that. As I've said many times, EQ without SEQ is a PIECE OF SHIT and if they start banning folks for using it, I'll gladly take my ban, my money, and go play another game. /shrug
    I gladly took my ban, and my money, and I played another game. For a few months at least, now it's back to eq =)

You were banned for using SEQ ??

Care to give some details ?

Oh, no, not for using seq. I was just making a statement about my eq addiction. Nah, I was banned for using xylobot to exploit a bug on firiona vie. The chick in the thurgadin bank who gives you etching tools were not nodrop on fv, and they sold for like 3.5pp. I got a little carried away...about 30k later, I got visited by a gm then booted to login =P

Thread Information