Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update CVS Server down tonight?

Update CVS Server down tonight?

Logging in to server:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq

CVS password: (hit enter here as the usual norm)

CVS [Login aborted}: connect to cvs.seq.sourceforge.net (xx.xx.xxx.xxx):2401 failed: Connection refused

CVS [Checkout aborted]: connect to cvs.seq.sourceforgenet (xx.xx.xxx.xxx):2401 failed: Connection refused.

Been trying off and for the past 5 hours.. Oh well, assume the server down, will try again tomorrow..

Thanks all !!!

I get the same error and guess the same thing, CVS server might be down.

cvs -dserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
    Logging in to server:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
    CVS password:
    cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.seq.sourceforge.net(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx):2401 failed: Connection refused

port not blocked at router
    iptables not blocking port
    worked about 3 weeks ago =)
    Broadband

rm -rf c:\windows

Crap! right on the day I decide to bite the bullet and install RH8 :(

# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
    Logging in to :pserver:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
    CVS password:
    cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.seq.sourceforge.net(xx.xx.xxx.xxx):2401/cvsroot/seq failed: Connection timed out
    Last edited by fgay trader; 01-14-2003 at 08:51 PM.
    -FGay Trader er... GFay

CVS pserver access is down

Apparently, Sourceforge took ALL their pserver access to the entire repository (not just SEQ) yesterday. Check under "Site Status" under Sourceforge for update info. Looked like they had some "scalability issues" with the repository and weren't bringing pserver access back up until they fixed it.

CVS Status for Sourceforge can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/docman/displa...group_id=1#cvs

Currently they are stating:
    (2003-01-14 14:04:19) As of 2003-01-14, pserver-based CVS repository access and ViewCVS (web-based) CVS repository access have been taken offline as to stabilize CVS server performance for developers. These services will be re-enabled as soon as the underlying scalability issues have been analyzed and resolved (as soon as 2003-01-15, if possible). Additional updates will be posted to the Site Status page as they become available. Your patience is appreciated.

ack! this sucks! think i just got qt running too. lol. guess i will just have to keep looking up maps (

FTP site with source code tarball

Since CVS is down, and I dont have a working copy of seq, grrrrrrrr LOL, I was wondering if any kind soul would post a link to a ftp site or web site or something like that where some of us could grab a copy of the current source code.

Pretty PLEASE!

SEQ is currently b0rked. Maybe by the time the dev's get it fixed CVS will come back up.

Why worry about CVS

The shit dont work anyways.

And no devs have posted.

Re: Why worry about CVS

Originally posted by hai_hai

And no devs have posted.
    lol

My my.... I'm sure glad I do not develop for this project. "The shit dont work anyways".... come on! Even if you are just goofing off that is a lame thing to say given it is totally free and that the said developers are probably enjoying the challenge of fixing it this very moment. Never mind the wise ass comments here.

Just relax and enjoy something else for a while. Like normal EQ, your wife, girlfriend or Rosey.

/shrug

I still play "Normal EQ" just fine, but let me tell you, thank goodness for SEQ. I don't think I'd still be playing if it weren't for it.

I'm sure the nonsense with the patch will be fixed soon, and we'll have our precious SEQ back.

Really wish I could do some programming, I'd love to be able to lend a hand.

Re: Why worry about CVS

Originally posted by hai_hai

And no devs have posted.
    were patiently awaiting your contribution to the project, let us know how its going.

but honestly, do you need to hear "CVS is down" from a dev to believe it? that is after all, the topic of this thread. if you feel compelled to discuss your dissatisfaction with your thankless freeloading off others work, you can always start your own thread on that topic.
    casey AT trifocus DOT net

NO MOE CVS?!?!

As per the link provided above, there is a new message:

"(2003-01-14 09:01:12) As of 2003-01-14, 'cvs' will no longer be available from the project web servers. CVS operations previously performed via CGI script or PHP script (a small number of project did this) must now be performed either interactively or via cron job on the project shell servers."

I'm fairly certian that this does not mean that CVS on sourceforge is going to be shut down, rather the web interface to it. We don't download SEQ from a web browser so we should be unaffected by this change.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

(2003-01-14 14:04:19 - Project CVS Services) As of 2003-01-14, pserver-based CVS repository access and ViewCVS (web-based) CVS repository access have been taken offline as to stabilize CVS server performance for developers. These services will be re-enabled as soon as the underlying scalability issues have been analyzed and resolved (as soon as 2003-01-15, if possible). Additional updates will be posted to the Site Status page as they become available. Your patience is appreciated.

Thread Information