Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update CVS Server down tonight?

Yea fee, quackrabbit already posted that. Look above my post, he's quoting a different message, to whom which I was responding to.

Sorry for the Sarcasm

I apologize for the sarcasm in my previous reply.

Actually, it's rather surprising, really, that a service that is as central and critical as CVS would be completely removed from the 'air'.. for 'performance issues'. Do you think that maybe this is an excuse, and that the 'powers that be' have been working behind the scenes to effectively stab us in the back?

And what is the 'performance' problem? I've never had one single problem downloading from CVS? I've done web support professionally, and taking a service off line is usually a last-ditch, emergency solution that is only resorted to as a last amd final, temporary contingency. Taking it off line for DAYS is.. well.. quite surprising to me. Anyone have any inside info on what's goin on over there?

CVS being down..

Gotta agree with Resiliant, Ive administered quite a few websites and systems, and given the nature and purpose of this site, taking CVS down for days seems.... strange. 'Course this is first major problem I have heard of with sourceforge, so kudos to them for all the good times. :-)

Does GPS functionality work(without the colors) after this latest patch? IF so, I would still be very interested in someone posting a link to the latest source code tarball. I have no seq at all, broken, half-broken or otherwise. :-(

Actually, it's rather surprising, really, that a service that is as central and critical as CVS would be completely removed from the 'air'.. for 'performance issues'. Do you think that maybe this is an excuse, and that the 'powers that be' have been working behind the scenes to effectively stab us in the back?
    Yes Resiliant, taking down CVS functionality for ALL projects that are hosted on Sourceforge (several 1000's) is surely done with the sole intent to stop the development of ShowEQ.
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

Developers have access via SSH

Looks like there is limited cvs access. I don't know how long it has been that way, but at least developers with the SSH client software can get to cvs.

This could simply be an issue of to many people accessing cvs and their bandwidth limit has been reached. Give them time, at the very least one of the developers might create a tar ball if we praise them and thank them for all their hard work.

/grin

The folks here were nice enough to put the archive for 4.3.5 in the files section. Thanks folks!

Files Section

Edit:

Sorry Linux dudes, Im from Bill Gates world and any file that is a tar.gz is a bloody archive to me.

By the way, I compiled it and it works as GPS. With the new address plugged in I once have colored dots! Great work and thanks for giving me my sanity back!
    Last edited by SincereDude; 01-16-2003 at 04:24 PM.

Unless that 4.3.5 is different from what I grabbed on Jan 10th, it won't work with the current EQgame.exe. No GPS... no nothing. SEQ actually crashes now on my system. Prior to crashing all I see are all kinds of scaling errors.

I suppose the 4.3.5 version could be manually patched if someone posts the new opcodes.

Leetlewon, you might want to take a look in the Announcements section.

They kinda mention that it was posted TODAY (Jan 16th).

Aye, you're right. I wasn't thinking in unix (archive as in tape archive... .tar file). Why didn't he say tarball instead? I saw archive and thought of an old file.

-nm- i'm a goob.

New version works fine for me, except it dosn't decode.
    Is it me, or ?

\\\ Topgun

Topgun, did you correct for the new offsets?

I think I'm just going to hope they bring CVS back online soon, I'm terrified to even try to futz with a Tar file.

Alwayslost...it's easy...just download the file and type in:

tar xzvf showeq-4.3.5.tar.gz

(make sure the file is in your seq dir)

Then just do your compile as usual eliminating the cvs lines...

Don't forget your export paths either like someone (*cough) did...
    LINUX n00b

Red face Heart attack

Cisco you just gave me a jolt! I was almost to the end of my compile and realized that I had not exported paths before the compile...Then I remembered that I had not shut down that box since the last CVS update. Path still there, all is well.
    ~Helmsman
    -----------------------------------------
    Fidelity, n.:
    A virtue peculiar to those who are about to be betrayed.

Thread Information