Thread: Player at loc: 0,0,0?

Player at loc: 0,0,0?

I'm getting a player in every single zone precisely at location 0,0,0, it doesn't really annoy me or anything, just wondered if I'm the only one with that?
    Before last SEQ patch the player was always in the guild named GREEN, after this patch all guilds are just numbered instead of named, guess this is where I reload the guilds file?

You really should read the boards or at least the announcements before you post.

The dot at 0,0,0 is a known bug. There are at least 3 or 4 threads on it.

Last weeks patch compressed a lot of the packets and changed a lot of the structure. That is why the guilds dont work right now.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

I don't think the player at 0,0,0 is a SEQ bug.

When pets are in "guard here" mode, they will point to the nearest MOB. If I am hunting near 0,0,0, my pet will point to 0,0,0 as though there is a MOB there. I think Vernant has put an invisible type MOB there for some reason. Perhaps a bug on their side fo the code.

permafrost

interesting permafrost, I'll have to check that out when SEQ works again. Another thing I'm worrying about is the appologies to players that were suspended after a recent patch. I can't help but think they are putting automatic cheat detection into the game (something we all would have done long ago if we were on the other team). Personally, I'm gonna prop my eyes open for these types of things.
    Say no to sig.

They clarified the suspension thing by stating that the suspended players had been downloading files they shouldn't have been able to. My guess is they were files for the new expansion. They then stated that it was their fault - my guess is that they forgot to "mask" the files, and some players were pulling them down. Most of them probably didnt' even know why they got suspended.

The mob at 0,0,0 is a known issue. Someone even had a theory that the "mob" name was part of an item in your bank, and that seems to be true. The guild tag seems to also be whatever "guild 0" is on the server - on my server the mob at 0,0,0 has the guild name that GM's show as having.

By default, Seq targets that mob at 0,0,0 whenever my target dies. The pet observation is very interesting though. I wonder if that "mob" has always been there for target-clearing reasons, and whatever op code structures were recently made just made it visible to Seq, even thought it's been there all along.

From what I understand from the suspension issue, there were several people logged in at a time when the GM's thought the login server was still locked. Apperently, these players had modified their eqhost.txt file (or maybe the windows hosts file) to force eq to use server eqlogin2 instead of eqlogin1.

(The thread I concluded the above from is here: http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/e...ML/034347.html)

Funny about that mob at 0,0,0. I used to always see a mob there. Was always named something like Tiny Crusaders or something of the like. Not sure if this is the samething this thread is refering to but always wondered what that was.

Curious

Thread Information