Thread: Keyring not looping problem..

Keyring not looping problem..

Sorry bout posting here not sure if it sholda been here or in the help section since its a keygrabber problem

Since yesterday after i fixed seq with the patch that was released when i run keyring it runs til i start EQ then keyring sends the key once then keyring shuts off, if i am in the game and i alt-enter and run keyring it sends the key once and quits.. i amnot using any flags like -e to stop looping... its doing it on 2 different machines and does the same thing, i was mainly wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem?

BTW... i wanted to say thanks to the dev team... if it wasn't for SEQ i woulda quit eq and cancelled 4 accounts a long time ago

which version of keyring?

someone (sixes i think) submitted a patch to me to fix a problem with keyring in the EQW environment, but i haven't released the next version yet.

Also, which OS? mine does not have that problem on winXP.
    BaeLang
    ---
    "seek and ye shall find." <-- god's way of saying use the damn search button. (or grep)

I happened to have that problem too. In one of many editings of the INI in *NIX text format with notepad, one of the line breaks disappeared, and it just shut down after sending the key... I saved the text file with proper line breaks in DOS text mode, and it seems to work now.

And how isn't keyring working w/ EQW, Baelang? That might be why I can't get it to work :x

keyring 2.2 in winxp, i used the binaries off your site cause im lame and couldnt get a friggin compiler to work in windows i unzipped a new copy last night and did same thing with new ini... i will erase the directory adn start fresh tonight.. my work machine doing the same thing....

Originally posted by forty-two
    I happened to have that problem too. In one of many editings of the INI in *NIX text format with notepad, one of the line breaks disappeared, and it just shut down after sending the key... I saved the text file with proper line breaks in DOS text mode, and it seems to work now.

And how isn't keyring working w/ EQW, Baelang? That might be why I can't get it to work :x
    Well, i don't use EQW so i didn't test it, but it appears that if you exit one session and start a second one, you would have to restart keyring. The fix forces keyring to re-read the config file if it looses connection to a running eqgame.exe
    BaeLang
    ---
    "seek and ye shall find." <-- god's way of saying use the damn search button. (or grep)

Originally posted by Roads
    keyring 2.2 in winxp, i used the binaries off your site cause im lame and couldnt get a friggin compiler to work in windows i unzipped a new copy last night and did same thing with new ini... i will erase the directory adn start fresh tonight.. my work machine doing the same thing....
    wierd. run in verbose mode (or i think the binary version is in DEBUG mode, which is also verbose) and send me the output up to and including the exit.
    BaeLang
    ---

Same issue as original poster...

(Keyring not looping problem..
    Since yesterday after i fixed seq with the patch that was released when i run keyring it runs til i start EQ then keyring sends the key once then keyring shuts off, if i am in the game and i alt-enter and run keyring it sends the key once and quits..)

I am having exact same problem. And also using the binary off of Baelang's site.

I will have to check back on this thread periodically to see if there is a possible fix.

Using Windows xp here btw,

Thanks crew !!

Ok.. im a complete tool Feel free to delete this post or flame me bad....

In keyring.ini somehow my SendInterval=60 line got deleted... on both machines... sorry for posting... keyring works great thanks much

Interesting

(In keyring.ini somehow my SendInterval=60 line got deleted... on both machines... sorry for posting... keyring works great thanks much)

All my data under the ini file is there. However, I did come across another post of some guy using a different keysniffer after having same issues as I.. and it worked.

Compiling now !!

Thanks again

OK so it sounds like there isn't a bug in keyring...however if there is an error in the ini file (missing cr-lf or missing send interval) then it runs once and exits.

that is expected behavior, because if the send interval isn't there in the config file, then send interval is zero. and a send interval of zero is the run once and exit mode.

so am i correct in assuming there is no bug i need to track down right now?
    BaeLang
    ---

Yeah... as far as mine goes there isnt any bug... sorry for making you look into it.. and thanks for a nice keysniffer Only thing i might sugest is making it default to 60 second intervals so this doesnt happen to tards like me again

Thread Information