Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Status

Current Status

Am I right in thinking that SEQ is currently unusable? I've seached recent messages and see many comments to the effect of "we're working on it" but nothing saying it's fixed.

An announcement as to the current status would be most useful.

/em Hide

Originally posted by StarZman
    [B]/em Hide
    Oops, did I say the wrong thing?

An announcement as to the current status would be most useful.
    Gimme another 20 minutes to finish my script.. Once completed, it will post to these forums saying "ShowEQ is not yet fixed" every 3 seconds, until it is fixed. Is 3 seconds a fast enough update time for everyone here, or would you prefer that the status is updated more frequently? Really, its what ever is most convienent for you guys...

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Originally posted by high_jeeves

Really, its what ever is most convienent for you guys...
    Not sure that wouldn't make a mess of the boards. One pinned 'Status' message might be better, especially for those of us who only visit these boards when something seems to be broken.

There will be a status message posted when it is fixed, in the announcements forum, just like it has always been.... ShowEQ is in two states, fixed, or broken. If its not fixed, guess which state its in? Any post that gets made will serve no purpose, as everyone will still post asking for an updated status... its broken, wait patiently until they fix it. When they fix it, they will post, and their will be a CVS update. If there is no post, and no CVS update, then it isnt fixed.. very simple..

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

ShowEQ is in two states, fixed, or broken. If its not fixed, guess which state its in?
    One of two: still fixed from the last fix or broken. What may be the patently obvious to those who frequent these boards regularly is nonetheless baffling to us who visit infrequently. But thank you for the status report. I shall now shut up and wait for an announcement.

One of two: still fixed from the last fix or broken.
    Umm.. if it is still fixed from the last one, then why did you come here and post about when it will be fixed? Did you check CVS for an update? Or did you just decide that it would be easier to have somebody cater directly to your needs, so you wouldnt have to waste any of your precious time?

--Jeeves

Umm.. if it is still fixed from the last one, then why did you come here and post about when it will be fixed?
    I didn't. I asked if it was broken. I've never asked a programmer when something would be fixed.
    Did you check CVS for an update?
    Of course I did. It updated. It didn't work. Then I looked here for confirmation that it was not a problem of my own making. Then you decided to flame me. But you answered the question, so it was all worth it, wasn't it?

Lord of The Board

Yo, Jeeves - chill.

Take yer blasted 'tude and shove it. We know it's
    not fixed yet. Just because the lead-in says expect
    to be flamed doesn't mean you should...unless you're
    into that sort of thing...and judging by the tenor of
    the vast majority of your posts, you enjoy it a tad
    too much. So stop playing "Lord of the Board". k?

Necro23

The reason so many people flame here is being this board is for people having Issues and Problems.

Not for ScripKiddies that got SEQ from Playerauction or E-Bay.

these posts make it hard for others lookign to see if it is fixed and cause more posts like this, its an endless cycle.

PS: this is not to explain or condone flamers, just my 2cp.

ST - I agree completely. Yeah it aint't fixed yet, and yeah a "status?" post
    wasn't a smart thing to do. Still - dunno - more than a little tired of the "Holier
    Than Thou" Jeeves, I guess.

Necro23

Well, you have to remember. Some of us are here EVERYDAY, even when SEQ is working. I am one of those that at least checks the boards daily. And when people come here and with there 1st post ask a question that been answered about 10 times that day, well to keep it short. IT GETS OLD!!!

ummm, in case you haven't noticed, Jeeves _is_ the "Lord of the Board", or one of them anyway.

Lightbulb Here's an idea

Folks, take this advice.

1)If your seq isnt working, look at the forum post headings...you will see clues as to its current status...such as threads called, "It's down, It's broken," or something like that.

2)If you see no threads then go into the most recent ones and it will DEFINITELY tell you that it's down, it's broken.

3)Once you establish its down and its broken...just hit the homepage and look for the last post date and time of the ANNOUNCEMENTS forum...since its still reading 1/28, I know its not fixed yet.

4)Sixes, really...i mean really man...don't you know how to SEARCH (roflmao)

Thread Information