Thread: More trouble on the horizon

Unhappy More trouble on the horizon

Well I am sure I will get flamed, but what the hell. It looks like more trouble onthe horizon for us, 2 patches are scheduled for next week for all the servers. Me my self would rather see a fix come out after the 2 patches, since in the past after each patch we get screwed. Again, I would rather the dev see what is in store for us after the 2 patches next week, then for them to bust there ass on this fix, just to be hit twice in a week with more changes.

Just my 2 cents.

"No man recognizes leadership, without the challenge of combat"

Think thats the approach they taking atm anyhow. Gonna wait till SOE gets done tweakin thier packets

will not assume

Well, I do not assume anything, "Assumtion is the mother of all
    F--Kups. So that is why I made this post, in hopes that maybe I will get an idea, or flamed answer of a sort.

Novi - that would be the logical approach to consider. Really no use making more work then needed. Having to scramble and crack this mother 3 times over would be a bit much for anyones plate I'd imagine.

I dont mind the wait. The devs and the supporting community have always done a top-notch job keeping this thing up to date when viable. We'll see a new CVS when the time is right. I see this as a great opportunity to get caught up with the most recent developments for those that havnt been around that long or those that still maybe a little lost with the QT compiles etc. Why not take the time to learn something at least.

Poncho

The last patch had a fairly significant change in the netcode. I tend to believe that the patches next week won't be as significant.

I have not been a Seq user that long, so i am just wondering if SEQ "always" gets like this by each patch?

Or is it mostly by "some" patches.. Ie like this time where they stated they actually "optimized traffic"?

I would "hope" that they do something to the packets/traffic being sent tho, cos the way things behave now is awful.. Thinking of the increased "mob-warp" and similar things..

To search, or not to search,--that is the question:--
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous flaming
    Or to take a look at the search function,
    And by using it, end them?

Thread Information