Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lurk-HOWTO-1.0.gz

Umm.. what happened to my post?

The following contents, detail a sad story, the story of the forum newbie who didnt lurk. I dont mean to highlight his plight, but i hope that the other potential non-lurkers might read this and learn from it. So let Lurk-HOWTO-1.0 commence

also for reference, this posters original thread this one references:
    http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthrea...&threadid=2946

you can use it for discussion of this thread if you want, cause this one is closed.

----------------- BEGIN ORIGINAL POST BELOW ------------------------

i was asking a question about geting the show eq too work n now its gone. any1 no what happened to it????//

if any1 can help me i really need too gets it up and running for a raid to come up
    Last edited by casey; 02-11-2003 at 11:33 AM.

GAH!

/em Jumps into a hole and waits for the flames to start flying!

(Oh, try checking the "redundancy" forum... I didn't look there, but I'll guess that's where it ended up)

what am i not supposed too ask question here or something??/ even though its the HELP forom.

sorry but i dont have the time too be a hacker like the rest of u nerds and just like a simple answer

Yes it does Suck

FEE (who is the only DEV I know of working on the packet process atm) is playing it smart IMHO. Why talk about your progress or release when SOE spies are on here and the IRC?

I know it sucks to be left in the dark, but at least he is not posting "I GIVE UP" goodbye Showeq.

hai_hai: you are a MORON.

you come here, complan that no dev is talking to you (on multiple occasions no less), and then you come to IRC and rather than participate in the chat, spam about the devs not talking about showeq.

get over it.

and to answer one of your more recent posts on the subject of devs not talking to you, while i cant speak for the others, my answer is because i just dont like you.

i realize that contradicts this entire post, but it had to be said, im not such a big fan of the blind leading the blind, so consider this my last communcation to you, hai_hai the moron.

post less. lurk more.

</derail>

board lizard: it was moved to RRRRRR forum

what do the last to posts have too do with my questions???//?

edit: oh okay, why

because it was worthy of being moved there. you asked

was aways on vacation 4 the past few weeks and now me show eq doesnt work!!!!!!11 could someone email it to me? My email is [email protected]

i realy need a working one quick cause i have 2 hit lvl 46 this week or i cant join this guild ive been trying to get in

thank u
    if you had spent minute 1 lurking here, absorbing the rules and the general posting habits of the community, you would know that showeq is currently not working.

So this post by you embodies a newbie who lacks the willingness to put forth the effort to search/read posts before opening his mouth. With that in mind, even if showeq did work, you have already discounted yourself from anyone just "emailing" you showeq. In addition, to email you a binary, we would need more specific information about your system, none of which was proviced. And third, in one of your followups to that post, you abbreviated "hate" as "h8".

all these crimes added up, have deemed your post a worthless contribution to these forums, and as such, it was moved into the forum of repeated redundancy, where your thread could be torn apart in peace and not distrurb the general forum populace.

If you still dont understand, heres my advice to you.

LURK MORE

what is lurking? sorry but ive never used linux before

lurking is not a linux thing.

lurking is the act of not immediatly posting on forums and making an ass of yourself by displaying your massive lack of awareness of your surroundings.

basically, it is the process by which you learn the community. You learn what is acceptable, what is not, what type of posts get replies, and what types get flamed, what to do, and what not to do. You learn what goes, and what is an acceptable (to the community) manner in which to present yourself.

To accomplish this, you read the forums, and read the posts contained within them. Read, read, read, and only after massive amounts of reading do you reply to threads, and then someday, maybe you can post a thread that wont be doomed from the start.

this is what lurking is. so do more of it before you continue to steepen your downhill posting career.

but i only started posting today

Originally posted by board Lizard
    but i only started posting today
    that, you see, is precisly the problem.

Date Registered: 02-10-2003
    you registered today, and made your first post today. You skipped the all important lurking step, and then follow up your first failed post with this one asking why your first post failed. So take a break from posting, and just read the forums. Dont click the reply or post buttons, just read. Read the rules, read the announcements, read posts in each forum. Figure out what is acceptable in each forum, and then you will be ready to post. And take your time, not a couple hours, not a day, longer.

And if you absolutly must post drivel before you know whats good for you, do it in the RRRRRR forum (the last one on the forum list), as thats more of anything goes forum, but be forewarned, you may not like the responses you get.

Learning to lurk will do you good should you ever join any other forums, or heaven forbid, post on usenet, so get in your practice here, and make it a habit.

what it kno 1 asks the questions i wanna know the answer too??/

thats unlikely to happen, and wasnt the case for your first post (the information that showeq is broken is very available). But to answer your question, lurk more, and the answer will become apparent.

Okie Casey

Ya know, since your Admin of alot of things, I guess the respect ya deserve should be given.

However why do you flame everyone? I swear, you own a channel called #showeq and make a topic that says "ShowEQ is Borked | Ask = KICK"

WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM?

Your just another geek behind a monitor, if you held the attitude in real life that you had here, you would be having your ass kicked everyday. I was trying to make a short post to the original poster and explain my theory on SEQ, since none wants to step up and explain. I did it nicely, why do you flame me for it? Oh lets see, cause your a nobody IRL.

Thread Information