Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch broke what was left of SEQ

Patch broke what was left of SEQ

Looks like today's patch broke what remained of the SEQ functionality. The player position no longer appears and it no longer tracks the spells you cast.

If you read the board regularly, you'd know that Mvern mentioned that a CVS update would probably come with this patch. He's probably waiting until either A) He has enough time for this VOLUNTARY work or B) to make sure they don't repatch within the next few hours due to their own silliness.

Or C) the changes on Test that Mvern patched for and anticipated didn't go live..

or D) The changes went live with just enough changes to screw with his fix..

Not to mention it's been posted in several other posts that the packet structure currently on Test is totally different than what was on the live servers. Suprised SEQ is totally broke? Not me.

Mvern plays on test so he was anticipating the changes on test going live with the next patch for which he had the fix for.. I would imagine that Sony would have made a few changes right before patching live that would delay him a little bit.. Sony reads these boards and I'm sure they saw Mvern's post where he stated he would have a fix shortly after the next patch.. at this point a few more days won't kill us.

Here's a thought..

Since Sony reads these boards to decide when they are going to patch or not.. What if :

People posted the working SEQ really quick after the patch.. thus sony would have to patch again, and then a seq fix, and then sony patches.. Perhaps we would have bugfixes for EQ 2-3 times a week.. That would be kewl Finally some good customer support from Sony.. Push the Sony devs to go live with patches several times a week, and EVERYONE that plays EQ would be much better off.. All thanks to SEQ Project..

Or.. Could it be that this scenario actually would not happen?

actually, this DID used to happen. you think that frequent patches would mean more updates to the game, but all they would do (and have done) is rotate the encryption or change the packet structure. i promise you, once you get your 2-3 patches a week and the 2-4 hours of down time for each patch, then the emergency patches for when they screw something up... you will be sad that you asked for it.

well.. 3-4 hours 2-3 times a week downtime + Emergenzy patches.. Just to break SEQ? Nah.. i dont really think that Sony would do that tho.. Honestly.. i dont

The farthest i will go in my asumtion that Sony cares much about SEQ is that when they take the current "Test" code, and decides to release that, they mess around with the encryption before they make the code live. That is the MAX i will believe...

Verant used to patch several times a week, trying to keep up with how fast SEQ was being updated. They've already done it before is what he's saying.

It's probably a lot less likely these days, with a reset bringing so many named into the game early; compared to just a few back then. There's no telling the lengths they might go to if they're on a break SEQ kick again though... They've proven in the past that they're pretty fanatic about these things.

They have their pretty in game cartography system. You can literally walk out of any tough spot in any zone now legally. So who cares if a non druid/ranger can track with SEQ. It doesn't show what the mob drops (the only REAL way of cheating).. so who gives a flying hell if SEQ is fixed. What is Sony's obsession with breaking this program? This does zero to threaten their player base or increase the overall advantage that SEQ'ers have. SEQ is a sharp program, but in the long run, how is it really ruining the game for people who play legit? It's not. There's nothing it does that people really go OMFG IT DOES THAT!? Because of the way the server sends loot info and executes commands all server-side, we never WILL get all the cool stuff that threatens the 'fairness' issue.

Hey if they keep patching EQ because of SEQ, then keep fixing SEQ! More patches = more uber mobs to kill! Hell yea!

hehe.

... and the universe revolves around the Earth.
    A lesson on time travel will be held yesterday.

More patches = more uber mobs to kill!
    Unfortunately they are going to introduce a 'universal' timer thing for boss mobs where the timer is kept on the server and adjusted when the patch is over to keep the bosses popping on that server timer, not the up and down state of the server

For real? Yay - just another thing to keep the uber guilds seperated from the aspiring ones. How thoughtless of them.

How do they expect ANY new/growing guilds to compete in the high end game when they keep throwing more and more things out like this?

None of the SOE dev staff play in the new/aspiring guilds...
    A lesson on time travel will be held yesterday.

Thread Information